cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc configuration problems

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have two idocs at the target side. I used multimapping. I am on PI 7.1. However I am getting errors when I trigger it from Runtime work bench, Integration engine test tab

I have disabled the EDIDC segment in both IDocs. I think the parameters will be taken from RFC Destination, used in IDoc receiver adapter. I have used one com channel with two receiver agreements for each IDoc. Is my configuration settings correct?

Also, do I have to do anything in WE20 of ECC for either IDocs. Do I have to add the IDocs under Inbound partner profile?

I don't want to use Apply Control Rcord values from payload option as it will be a problem when I transport. I want to run this scenario by not adding values of port and all in mapping.

Please give inputs.

Error is in Mesage mappping branching. It says something like time out

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

Multimapping with ABAP based receiver adapters is not supported. In mapping time you only put the multi message into a new root element (Messages/Message1), the split itselv is done in the jave adapter engine. It will not work for IDoc receiver messages.

You need to use BPM if you want to split a message to 2 IDocs.

/Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am doing it this way.

I will create two Mappings. Then in Interface Determination, I will put a condition. Pipeline step will take the corrct mapping and only that Idoc will be triggered

It should work, right?

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

yes, this should work.

Only using of signature / occurence 0-unbounded in mapping would not work.

/Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the help Udo.

One last doubt. I have disabled EDIDC40 segment in both IDocs as I don't want the mapping to have problems while transporting to the QAS and PRD environments.

I have enetered partner profile inbound parametetrs in ECC for both Idocs and also in IDoc Receiver channel, I have entered port and RFC Destination, that should be enough for the IDoc processing, right?

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

somil_gulati
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun ,

I have done Multimapping for IDOC at target on SAP PI 7.3. , the scenario is working fine in Production without any issues.

Thanks

Somil

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Somil,

he s on PI 7.1, double stack and IDoc adapter is in ABAP stack. Your scenario in PI 7.3 works with IDoc adpater in Java stack. Therefore it works for you, but not for him.

/Udo

somil_gulati
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

Sometime timeout error occurs , please read the following blog :

Regards,

Somil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have never tried below approach in PI7.1, but i think it will work...

BTW, what's the error u are getting?

>>I don't want to use Apply Control Rcord values from payload option as it will be a problem when I transport. I want to run this scenario by not adding values of port and all in mapping.

U can use header mapping in Receiver agreement.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. Add the corresponding message types under inbound partner profile and I hope you defined the logical system too..

Please check the below blog series for all the configuration -

File To IDOC - Part3 (Steps required in XI and R3) - Community Profiles - SCN Wiki

Can you share the error screenshot? Do you find them under sm58?