Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controller system and sender system settings view

former_member191567
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Expert zone.

Was working on a scenario, and was successful in executing it.

Now, I am only able to continue the process from reselection of the data,  but is there a way to goto the step , where we configure the controller & sender system settings, as I am getting a message that I cant execute this step as its already executed.

I am not sure if there is a way to see the settings that were configured to execute these steps.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

V.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To re-run a step you have to click on the troubleshooting activity tab for that step, and you can force the step back to a initial value (or another status depending on the situation).  However by doing this you can run the risk of causing a problem with your current package that you are running and may have to scrap it and start over.

former_member191567
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Billy,

I am looking for an option where I can see what I have configured in "Configuration and utilities in controller system, and the sender system".. I am at the data transfer step and it went on well. but my question is, how do I see the parameters I have configured in the previous steps I.e in the controller and sender systems.. is there a way?

Thanks,

V.

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can't tell from your screenshot what version of TDMS you have or what kind of refresh you are running, here is an example of what I think you are looking for:

This is a TDMS 4.0 SP5 for all systems in my landscapes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinni,

Yes, you can check the configurations done in previous step. Follow below mentioned steps for the same:

1. execute transaction cnvmbtpct in TDMS central system

2. give your package number and click execute button

3. select the activity 'Configuration and Utilities in the Control System (Optional)' and click on documentation button.

4. in documentation you will find link to customizing activities, click on the desired activity it will take you to the configuration screen where you can check your previous values.

NOTE: do not use cnvmbtpct transaction to execute any activity just use it for display only purpsoe, always use web gui to execute activities

Thanks

Anita

former_member191567
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anita,

Thanks for your response. Though this completely did not get me to the end result, but..

Looks like we are close- I selected the " configuration and utilities in the controller system( optional)" and clicked on "Documentation button/i" button, and it gave me a message "Activity Documentation not available" in the status bar. Am not sure if there is any other option to get to see the parameters configured in controller/sender systems. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinni,

Did you opened your package in sap gui ? You need to open your package in sap gui and then click on documentation button. If you opened it in sap gui then upload the screen shots with details like where you checked the docu and what message you got.

Thanks

Anita

former_member191567
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anita,

I just followed the steps given by you, but no luck. Instead of clicking on the "I" which I assume to be the documentation button, and I ended up with a msg "activity documentation not available" in the status.. I also clicked on the "all activity documentation" from the menu, which gave me the below screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vinni,

The button your clicked on is an information button not for activity documentation. To open the activity documentation select the activity and click on 4th button 'display text' from left. In documentation you will find the link to activities which upon clicking take you to the activity screen. I have uploaded the screen shot for your reference and highlighted the button which you need to click on after selecting the activity.

former_member191567
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anita,

This perfectly worked out. But am surprised.. as the button is just a display text button and when I searched SAP documentation, "I" is pointed as the documentation..

Whatever It is, finally I get to see the values configured.

Thanks a lot!

V.

Answers (0)