Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem setting up repository

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I recently had to re-install my HANA 68 studio software (due to problems I'm experiencing with 72 version) and now I'm trying to setup my repository however I can't seem to find REGI file anywhere.  It does not seem to exist anywhere.  I previously had studio 72 installed and I just did a fresh install of 68 in a new directory without uninstalling the 72 version.  I found an old post from Lars saying to install hana client which would install REGI files etc which I tried but it did not work.  Any tips?

Thanks,

-Patrick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

richard_bremer
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

the regi.exe is contained in the HANA client package. I'm not quite sure whether you will need the bit version of the client matching that of the studio (studio comes with the ngdbc.jar included, so you don't need the client package for studio itself).

In my installation of the rev 74 client, I find regi.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\hdbclient (32 bit) as well as C:\Program Files\SAP\hdbclient (64 bit).

I have not tested if the SPS-7-regi.exe (revision 70 or above) works with the SPS-6-studio. If not, you may have to install the rev-68 client (which is not availale on service market place anymore, so you may have to go for the rev 69.x or rev 63 client) and copy the regi.exe from that one to some appropriate location on your system.

Best regards,

Richard

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Richard.  I actually ended up reinstalling everything today but appreciate the response.  I ended up installing the client in the same package as my 72 install in C;\Program Files\sap\

Basically my laptop was a hot mess of a bunch of different versions of studio and client drivers.  Actually I originally tried to uninstall everything, reinstall 68 studio and client but when trying to configure repository it prompts for a location of the regi and I could never find it.  Reason being when I installed the 68 client it did not prompt me for a location to choose.  Yet when i installed 72 client it prompted me so i knew exactly where it was.  Yes you would think i could do a file search on my computer and find it but i couldn't. Perhaps I had a bad client download for 68.   Anyway thanks again.

-Patrick

Answers (0)