cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass change in Inspection lote, when assigning UD Code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

curently we are facing an issue of having to mass change inspection lotes when assigning UD code.

The senario is as follows:

using the tcode QA16 I can mass assign UD code for various inspection lotes using the option "in background". The requisition of the client is, however, to enter also a description text, for all the lotes treated. I an use the tcode QA16 and run a UD manual option, that lets me enter a long text for each inspection lote, along with assigning UD code. That is not acceptable, since there are daily hundrets of lots, we are talking about. That makes the manual option very time consuming.

Anyone had a similar issue? What I am looking for here is some exit, or other type of solution that allows me basically replicate the long text (the same for all treated lots) for various lots automatically. I was thinkig of QA16, making some necessary adjustments, but I not sure if it will serve for this purpose.

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated,

best regards,

Anna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you would need to go for BDC to achieve this. Since this is required on daily basis, you should run BDC to enter the long text against the UD for each batch. This should work.

ntn