cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWM - Goods Issue - only allow full HU/quant removal from Storage Type

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a storage type search sequence which includes two storage types A and B (sequence A->B). A includes only boxes as HUs. B is the picking area which stores single products (no HUs).

The requirement is only to allow WT creation of full HUs (quants). -> If we have a delivery with 1pc and storage type A includs a HU (Box) with 5 pcs, there should be no removal from StorT A.

Is it possible to maintain this setup without rounding qty?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

0 Kudos

Hi,

better late then never. We solved it with Badi SCWM/EX_CORE_RMS_DETERMINE.

The logic we implemented corrects the found quants, and keeps only those which match our expected quantity.

Br,

0 Kudos

I can only allow a putaway of HUs, There should be a way of only allow a removal of HUs.

0 Kudos

Any solution how i can control storage units and not only quantities?

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi,

"I can only allow a putaway of HUs, There should be a way of only allow a removal of HUs. "

Sorry, but these are two different things.

For putaway you can control that into a storage type only HUs can be stored. But the quantity does not play any role. And actually also when you putaway strategy chooses this storage type, it does not control during the creation of the WT that the material is in a HU, this is only controlled when you confirm the WT.

During picking you search for the best fitting quant and with the strategies you set up. If your strategy finds your storage type A as the prefered one, then the only thing in there is to round, so that not a partial from one quant gets picked.

"The requirement is only to allow WT creation of full HUs (quants). -> If we have a delivery with 1pc and storage type A includs a HU (Box) with 5 pcs, there should be no removal from StorT A."

As described above, in the standard this is only possible by having a strategy which proposes you the storage type according the quantity you will pick and it only works if you have standard quantities. Everything else --> Badi.

Brgds

Juergen

0 Kudos

This is one way to solve this issue for the case that the qty per box is fix, as we implemented a check for the target packing qty. -> yes this is working now.

I am still looking for a solution which targets to avoid removal of partial HU qtys. -> only allow removal of HUs.

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You mean you always have different sized HU and want a "best fit"? There is no strategy for that, that is something you have to build in a Badi.

Brgds

Juergen

0 Kudos

I managed to set up the packing spezification with one level for the Box HU.

What I did was to maintain the Customizing "Optimization of access sequence for Storage Type determination" for the Warehouse with the flags for process type and quantity spezification.

If the pack spezification is maintained for the material of removal, storage type A is only concidered if the removal qty has at least the size of the target HU qty.

former_member193471
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does your issue solved with this.

former_member193471
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Apply stock removal strategy 'M' for storage type B as suggested by Jurgen. In storage type search sequence place storage type B before A. And, maintain control quantity in product Master storage type view for storage type B.

0 Kudos

@Sathish, it looks like this would be the propper solution for classic WM, but not EWM 7.

former_member193471
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, Small Correction. In EWM, We have to define Packaging Specification as you said.

And define two separate storage type search sequence lines distinguishing with Quantity Classification.

Requirement: If small quantities (in cartons) are requested, search the stock in storage

Type A. If large quantities (on Pallets) are requested, search the stock in storage type B.

Solution: Set up packaging specification for a product. In the packaging specification,

you assign the quantity classification “S” for one piece (1st level in the packaging

specification). On the 2ndlevel of the packaging specification you assign the quantity

classification “PAL” for a quantity of 100 pieces (control quantity for Level 2). Setup

for quantity classification “S” a storage type search sequence containing storage type

A. Setup for quantity classification “PAL” a storage type search sequence containing

storage type B.

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

the correct setting for this would be to use the strategy Stock Removal Suggestion According to Quantity (Strategy: Stock Removal Suggestion According to Quantity - Stock Removal Strategies - SAP Library  ), so you have not a search sequence AB, but you find either A or B, depending on your required quantity.

Instead of pack specs as described, you can also work with SuoM.

Brgds

Juergen

0 Kudos

Hi Juergen, I tried to manage it by Pack specification. But somehow not even the qty classification is forwarded. Where did you mean to maintain the SuoM instead?

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

how does the pack spec look like? Because it needs the proper structure and the determination procedure must be assigned properly. For the structure you can see the text Shatish has written below (but the screen shot I think does not fit, there is no first level for the product in there).

For Suom you must have alternative units maintained in the product and you need to do the assignement of the Suoms to the quantity classifications, but I have not done much with that. You need to check the log to see if everything is working.

Brgds

Juergen

0 Kudos

My concern about this solution is that i do not have a fixed box qty. It depends how the supplier packs the boxes. If I maintain It the pack specification with 10pcs but I have a box with only 8pcs, what happens then ?

0 Kudos

The Pack spezification looks as mentioned above from Sathish. But I only have one Level which is the Box. This Box is maintained with a Target Qty 1 and the Quantity Spezification for Box.

former_member193471
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then you have to maintain another level by clicking on Add Level Button. Maintain the Specification again. In Warehouse Tab, you have to distinguish between Small Quantity and Large Quantity. In Large Quantity Pack Spec, your target quantity acts like your control Quantity.