cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple NW instances of different versions on same server

0 Kudos

Hello,

Our current landscape has two NW 7.2 Java AS instances installed on a single server. This solution works well for us, as one instance functions as our Dev server and the other functions as the QA.

I am looking to upgrade to NW 7.3 EP1. Is it possible to have different NW instances at different versions on the same machine? For instance:

1. NW 7.2 DEV (port 50000)
  2. NW 7.2 QAS (port 50200)
  3. NW 7.31 PRD (port 50400)

I've already attempted to install NW 7.31 Java as a New and additional installation on the server. Both methods have failed so far. I haven't dug too deeply into the logs yet as I wanted to get feedback from the community first.

In summary, is it possible to have different versions of NW Java running on the same machine? If so, what is the best practice and process for installing the new NW instance?

Thanks,

Greg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

In summary, is it possible to have different versions of NW Java running on the same machine? If so, what is the best practice and process for installing the new NW instance?

Yes, it is possible. You need to make sure that the hardware has sufficient resources (CPU, RAM, Disk space, etc) to accommodate a new instance, the system numbers and SID's are unique and the OS and DB are supported for the new system.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree.  All binaries, libraries, etc. are in each system's usr\sap\<SID> folder, so there should be no problem at all as long as you keep the instance numbers unique and your hardware has enough resources.  You should take a look at the installation logs to see where the problem is.

0 Kudos

Hi Susan,

Thank you for the response. Checking the logs showed that the installation was held up by MS SQL server authentication. Once I changed to a user account the installation worked fine.

Thanks again,

Greg

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member190691
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

As Susan says checks the installation log for details, also maybe the version of JAVA is causing conflict for the diferents NW Versions.

Regards.

Fernando.