cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem modifying the connection details in a Report when using Weblogic 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a j2ee application that uses the Java Reporting Component (JRC). At runtime, the code programmatically changes the connection type and schema name of a crystal report before running it. The connection that was used when designing the report is replaced with new JNDI parameters pointing to a Weblogic/Oracle datasource.

The application works perfectly when using Weblogic 11, but the same code and report fails when deployed to Weblogic 12.

I used Version 12.2.207.916 of the JRC, and updating  to the most current version I could find (12.2.217) did not solve the problem.

The code snippet below shows how the connection and schema name is replaced for each of the tables in the report (not all the code is shown here)...

PropertyBag propertyBag = new PropertyBag();
        propertyBag.put("Database DLL", "crdb_jdbc.dll");
        propertyBag.put("JNDI Datasource Name", jndiName);
        propertyBag.put("Initial Context", "");

while (tableList.hasNext()) {
                ITable table = tableList.next();
                                                :
                                                :
                ITable tableNew = (ITable) table.clone(true);
                IConnectionInfo connectionInfo = table.getConnectionInfo();
                connectionInfo.setAttributes(propertyBag);
                connectionInfo.setKind(ConnectionInfoKind.SQL);
                tableNew.setQualifiedName(newQualifier + "." + table.getName());
                tableNew.setConnectionInfo(connectionInfo);
                dbController.setTableLocation(table, tableNew);
                                                :
          }

The setTableLocation() function throws the following exception ...

2014-05-13 16:46:27,173 ERROR [[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '0' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)']  JRCCommunicationAdapter         detected an exception: Unexpected database connector error
                at com.crystaldecisions.reports.queryengine.Table.u7(SourceFile:2409)
                at com.crystaldecisions.reports.dataengine.datafoundation.AddDatabaseTableCommand.new(SourceFile:529)
                at com.crystaldecisions.reports.common.CommandManager.a(SourceFile:71)
                at com.crystaldecisions.reports.common.Document.a(SourceFile:203)
                at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.requesthandler.f.a(SourceFile:175)
                at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.requesthandler.DatabaseRequestHandler.byte(SourceFile:1079)
                at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter.do(SourceFile:1167)
                at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter.if(SourceFile:661)
                at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter.a(SourceFile:167)
                at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter$2.a(SourceFile:529)
                at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter$2.call(SourceFile:527)
                at com.crystaldecisions.reports.common.ThreadGuard.syncExecute(SourceFile:102)
                at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter.for(SourceFile:525)
                at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter.int(SourceFile:424)
                at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter.request(SourceFile:352)
                at com.businessobjects.sdk.erom.jrc.a.a(SourceFile:54)
                at com.businessobjects.sdk.erom.jrc.a.execute(SourceFile:67)
                at com.crystaldecisions.proxy.remoteagent.RemoteAgent$a.execute(SourceFile:716)
                at com.crystaldecisions.proxy.remoteagent.CommunicationChannel.a(SourceFile:125)
                at com.crystaldecisions.proxy.remoteagent.RemoteAgent.a(SourceFile:537)
                at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.application.ds.a(SourceFile:186)
                at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.application.an.a(SourceFile:108)
                at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.application.b0.if(SourceFile:148)
                at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.application.b0.b(SourceFile:95)
                at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.application.bb.int(SourceFile:96)
                at com.crystaldecisions.proxy.remoteagent.UndoUnitBase.performDo(SourceFile:151)
                at com.crystaldecisions.proxy.remoteagent.UndoUnitBase.a(SourceFile:106)
                at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.application.DatabaseController.a(SourceFile:2159)
                at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.application.DatabaseController.a(SourceFile:543)
                at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.application.DatabaseController.a(SourceFile:3898)
                at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.application.DatabaseController.setTableLocation(SourceFile:2906)
                at com.systest.reporting.engine.crystal.CrystalReportEngine.replaceConnection(CrystalReportEngine.java:523)
                at com.systest.reporting.engine.crystal.CrystalReportEngine.changeDataSource(CrystalReportEngine.java:449)
                at com.systest.CrystalReportPane.setReportDataSourceDetails(CrystalReportPane.java:170)
                at com.systest.CrystalReportPane.commandLoad(CrystalReportPane.java:136)
                at com.systest.ReportRunner.CrystalReport.Load(CrystalReport.java:401)
                at com.systest.ReportRunner.SaveReportToFile(ReportRunner.java:1385)

Any idea what I can do to fix this ?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Got a reply from PM (as it happens I should have found this doc my self). Anyhow, the SAP Crystal Reports for Eclipse Product Availability Matrix lists the following re. Weblogic:

There is a Service Pack on the far horizon - like end of this year, maybe early next year and hopefully that will provide support for more current versions of weblogic.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the prompt reply Ludek.

- Rav

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

Sorry to reopen an old post. I was trying to find out if, with the release of service pack 18, have the official supported platforms changed so that Weblogic 12 is now supported? I couldn't find the answer through my own searches unfortunately.

Would appreciate any info you might have

thanks in advance

- Rav

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please stand by. I think somebody forgot to update the PAM so I have to hunt that info down.

- Ludek

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rav

Here is the answer I got from R&D:

only the customer issue fixes were delivered in SP18.

(I'm trying to now find out is and when update such as weblogic can be expected)

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, thanks very much for your assistance with this Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

Very helpful information.

In our project we are also facing issue in accessing BI launchpad and CMC after weblogic domain upgraded to version 12.1.3.0 from 10.3.5.0.

The applications were working fine using weblogic 10.3.5.0

Project environment - BI4.1 SP5 and Weblogic12.1.3.0, Servers on Linux operating system.

In order to make use new weblogic version 12.1.3.0 for BI application , below steps performed:

• Stopped the BI service and weblogic server
  • Redeployed the BI4.1 SP5 war files into weblogic server using config.weblogic11 config file with new domain and domain path details.
  • started BI services and weblogic server.

After all above steps, we are facing issue in accessing web applications BI Launchpad and CMC, getting http 500 error.

Have gone through BI4.x PAM documents, it says BI4.x support weblogic 10.x and 11 version only. No where it is mention about compatibility or supporting weblogic12.c

Can you please help us in confirmation on below points.

1. Does Business Intelligence 4.1 or any version supports weblogic 12.c ?

2. If yes, can you please help in resolving the issue.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

--

Nagaraj

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are correct. Weblogic 12 is not supported in 4.1 (not sure if it will be in 4.2 (currently in Ramp up)).

Nevertheless, getting the real error may help. E.g.; Fiddler, or see what happens in chrome or firefox.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

Sorry to bring this age old question up again. We are still waiting for support for WebLogic 12 to be added to Crystal. With Crystal 2016 coming out do you know if there are any plans to support it. I haven't been successful in finding any answer through my own searches unfortunately.

Thanks in advance

Rav

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Last reference in any documentation re. version of supported weblogic is 10.3.x. And it may very well be that things worked in weblogic 11, but as versions go by the differences get bigger and eventually the app stops working.

I'll ping the Program Manager for definitive info and future support. Once I have the info, I'll update this Discussion.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter