cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SD- ABAP- Package

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone.

This question is more specific to SD- ABAP.

I have a small doubt.

When saving tables (v/03) SAP asks for packages.

If we are aware of the package, we can give it. However, at times I have found it blank.

How we can come to know which package we should apply for which table?

Moreover, if we keep at as blank also and click on local object, the tables gets saves? Where the data of the table gets saved? And if is saved is it on temporary basis?

Can anyone tell me the difference?

Would request you to please not use technical language. I am a functional consultant and have tried to search on google, however was not able to understand in a simple way.

Text Removed

thanks and regards.

Message was edited by: G Lakshmipathi

Please dont add such text while posting

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One simple question.  Before posting here, have you raised this query with your technical team, who should be in a position to clarify your doubt?

Just go to that Package field and Press F1 so that system will show the explanation.  Go through the explanation given under the tab "Use" which is self explanatory.

G. Lakshmipathi

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shekhar

Please don't write such statement in your question. It is not going to attract some user in fact it goes negative in your favor because it is not as per forum rules to tempt someone to answer your query and you will reward. If possible edit your text.

For your query let me be very honest with you. I am also functional and dont know where it is saved if we save it with local package. I know only this that if you give local package it can't be transported in some other system i.e. QAS or PRD. May be it is just for testing purpose within one system in a landscape. Difference is that local package table can't be transported and your Z package tables can be transported.

I have created many tables and I always used ZSD package which our technical guys gave us to use for all SD related customization. Whenever I create some table or any other ABAP customization I use this package. You can also use standard ones but again system wont recommend that and will give you warning message. It is similar if you use SAP name space for some condition type or document type name.

Bottom line is that ask your technical guys to give you a package which you can use for all SD customizations and use that for all tables.

Thank$