cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choose where to save sql result

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

How to prompt File Location to save sql request in SAP IDM ? I need to provide the user the possibility to choose where he wants to save the sql results after clicking the button "Generate results".

Many thanks for your help,

Mia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mia,

I don't believe there is any way to direct file output at the moment from IDM from the UI.  However when doing a ToASCII pass, one can set where the file should be directed to.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the information, I know to do that by adding the file path as attribute but I was looking for a  workaround how to prompt a file location to the user.

Mia

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Possibly via the extension framework, or you could probably do something via the REST APIs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure I understand what "Generate results" is or where it's located. But a path/location that the user enters would be relative to the users local context, not the server/IdM application context and most likely not accessible by IdM or report-generation tool. You could try to generate the report, then store it on a file/binary attribute in IdM and allow the user to download from a UI form it locally instead?

Br,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Per,

I tried the solution and now the user is able to download the file from UI. Many thanks.

You get the point,

Mia

Answers (0)