Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman 7.1 sp10 ITSM multiple companies

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I am new to this forum.

I have to configure service desk in solution manager 7.1 sp10.

my query is:

i have to configure service desk for a group of companies. this group have 3 companies. each company has its own separate service desk currently running. they want to move to service desk of solution manager. one of these 3 companies have sap erp installed at their premises all the erp servers are connected to the solman of company 1. they want to use service desk for sap and non sap purposes.

i want to know that in this case for using service desk for non sap also do i have to configure 3 different solution managers or in one solution manager i can configure 3 companies.

if all 3 companies can be configured in one solution manager then how end user will determine on which service desk ticket can be sent?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

no reply?

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

yes it is possible to configure multiple customers on single solution manager for ITSM etc

earlier it was difficult in 7.0 version but today it's much simpler in7.1 because we have the concept of multiple transaction types

you can check my reply here with IMG path

hope this clarifies.

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prakhar Saxena

Thanks for your reply.

i have mentioned the scenario below. your idea of mutliple transactions seems to be good. plz take some time and read the scenario and advice me with your suggestion.

regards

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

there are multiple ways of achieving it

either you can use only one transaction type like ZMIN for all different sold to party OR

ZMIN & YMIN both for 2 different comp requirements like I have said before using multiple transaction type...check the SPRO documentation for this and decide what is best suited for your cased based upon the exact Functional requirements

further you can create different sold to party for each comp....and then support for each sold to party or company

use BRF+ to determine support team determination

with security you can restrict the message based upon IBASE or Support Team(Partner) etc.

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMAUTH/Use+Case+Overview

Let us know if you need more help with this.

Thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats Great Prakhar Saxena

please tell me if i understand the scenario correctly

sold to party:

1 - comA - transaction type AMIN

2 - comB - transaction type BMIN

3 - comC - transaction type CMIN

i have to create 3 roles:

1 - ASAP_SUPPDESK_CREATE

2 - BSAP_SUPPDESK_CREATE

3 - CSAP_SUPPDESK_CREATE

then assign "organize the access to organizational data profile?

as per this link?

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMAUTH/UC00033

will this solve the issue:

ticket created by comA and according to the authorization ticket will go to service desk of comA

i really appreciate your help

regards

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Just to correct authorization controls basically visibility of incident and not dependent upon the configuration you do

so if I want to configure my support team determination ...I can assign any support team irrelevant of my compA or compB

But with authorization only the correct person assigned can only view it.

For e.g check my replies on below thread where users can view only their tickets also whole bunch of changes you can do with UI customization/configuration without any developments

thus, carry on and all the best.

Thanks

Prakhar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member190691
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it is possible, you may use Installed base per company (Txcode IB52) and assigns to the business partner that corresponds to the company, of this way you can separate companies in one solution manager and assign to each  user the companies which corresponds in BP transaction.

Regards.

Fernando

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Luis Fernando De la Cruz Beltrán

this is the solution i am looking for. lets say i created 3 companies:

comA

comB

comC

and created 3 root organizations with these names and assign level1 and level2 users.

now the only thing which i am not able to figure out is that when i generate end users how i will assign them to a particular company so when they create a ticket it will go to the respective service desk.

lets assume userA has to create ticket which is suppose to go to comA

userB has to create ticket which is suppose to go to comB

userC has to create ticket which is suppose to go to comC

so how can i assign:

userA - comA

userB - comB

userC - comC

thanks in advance for your help

regards

former_member190691
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

To assign a user in a particular company, use the transaction BP:

First create a business partner Organization, fill al the information as adreess and so on.

Then Create a business partner Person, fill all the information and in bp role select employee and in identification tab -> "User Name" field chose the user that correspond,

select again BP role Business Partner (GEN). and in identification tab add the follow identification number:

The identification number is the identification for Ibase component.

Also creates a relationship between BP Organization and Person.

Also you can see:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/325387

Regards.

Fernando.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Luis Fernando De la Cruz Beltrán

I really appreciate your help.

regards

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kiran,

Currently you are not allowed to use Solution Manager shared for different sap customers ( companies), It's is possible as indicated by friend Prakhar Saxenabut you are not allowed due to usage rights.

There is a Pilot program named SMaMS Solution Manager as Managed Service where there we are testing that types of scenarios, currently for provide SAP license service as self-service to different sap customers with ITSM ( OSS message ), Maintenance Optimizer, Solution Documentaion and SAO engagement and service delivery. check that link:

Another problem for your scenario is the ise of ITSM for a non-SAP components, to do that you need to check ITSM license prince because non-SAP systems are not included normally (check with your account manager at SAP).

Technically is hard to separate data on Solution Manager, but is possible in different ways, is not easy.

If you need more information related don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lluis Salvador Suarez

Thanks for your reply. licensing is not an issue with our group.

just need to know the solution how it i can cater it.

prakhar and luis fernando solutions seems to be the solution of my issue.

Thanks for your help.