cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed pegging with SNP heuristic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

I have a requirement from the client and to achieve this i wanted SNP heuristic to consider fixed pegging created manually.

So i have the below doubts:

1. Do SNP Heuristic consider the manual fixed pegging. I tested the scenario but its not working.

2. Is there a work around to it.

Thanks

Kishor

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ken for showing this attitude. Hope you have gone through all the conversation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cyrille,

I know, Heuristic is working fine. But i am looking for some BADI or exit that can be used for heuristic to consider Fixed pegging relationship.

Its my idea that we can achieve this scenario with manual fixed pegging, but there may be some other way to solve it.

Expert please suggest.

thanks

Kishor

cyrille_woicki
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Kishor,

Well I think I can qualify myself as expert since I am from SNP development support at SAP.

So like I told you: SNP does not support pegging (it is only considered via macro for shelf life), that is a fact. Second fact, there is no BAdI or user exit available for SNP heuristic that would change the standard logic which like I said is bucket oriented which means that we consider the total of demands, total of receipts, target stock, ... on bucket level, not order level. Again pegging is between 2 to n orders and the only application that could handle this in SNP area is CTM.

I hope it can help you and that you do not loose too many time with your idea since I cannot see how this could be achieved.

Best regards,

Cyrille.

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Cyrille is totally correct.

Kishor should not waste our time with questions if he doesn't understand difference between CTM (order based planning) and SNP Heuristics (bucketed planning). 

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cyrille,

Supply created by heuristic is purchase requisition, yes i can see in total receipt.

Heuristic is creating receipt in wk1 because wk2 receipt is not fulfilling wk1 demand. Wk2 receipt is in future, so heuristic is creating another receipt of 10 in wk1 and now total receipt is 20, which is excess.

Heuristic is considering the receipt because if i run heuristic with another demand on wk2 of 10 then its not creating any other receipt on wk2.

wk1      wk2

Forecast      10           10

Receipt        10           10

thanks

Kishor

cyrille_woicki
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Kishor,

first I guess that your existing supply is not deleted since it is fixed.

Secondly keep in mind that SNP heuristic is bucket oriented hence since the demand in week 1 has no supply on the same bucket or before, it is planned.

To finish I wonder if you use the right therminology since fixed pegging is a relationship between 2 orders, here it seems that you are talking about fixed order. Keep in mind that SNP heuristic is bucket based not order based.

The kind of logic you want to use is supported by CTM not SNP heuristic. In CTM, you can defined earliness and lateness, so if a demand cannot by fulfilled on time, it can use supply that is earlier or later.

Best regards,

Cyrille.

cyrille_woicki
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

HI Kishor,

I guess you mean that you would expect that SNP heuristic does not delete supply orders that are manually fixed pegged? Well SNP as you know does not consider pegging information. One option maybe would be to fix these orders via macro for instance since fixed orders will not be deleted by SNP heuristic.

Best regards,

Cyrille.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cyrille,

Thanks for quick response.

Let me explain the scenario,

wk1     wk2

Forecast      10

Receipt        10

The above situation after SNP planning run.

wk1      wk2

Forecast      10

Receipt                    10

2nd table is after pushing the receipt to wk2 manually.Now when i ran SNP heuristic, its creating another receipt on wk1 of 10, which is a situation of excess supply.

I do not want heuristic to create another receipt for wk1. Manual fixing can help, if heuristic will consider it.

Please help.

Thanks

Kishor

cyrille_woicki
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Kishor,

What kind of initial supply do you have here? PP/DS order? Which ATP category? Do you see this supply in the total of receipts?

If heuristic is planning your demand and create excess supply it is because the existing supply is not seen by SNP heuristic.

Best regards,

Cyrille.