cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal reports 2011 - Application error crw32.exe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope that I'm posting in the right section.

We use Crystal reports 2011 on one of our servers but are experiencing a number of application errors to do with the software.  Unfortunately I haven't been able to find out if there are any specific activities on the server which are generating them.

The errors are as follows:

Faulting application name: crw32.exe, version: 14.0.2.364, time stamp: 0x4de99eaa

Faulting module name: crw32.exe, version: 14.0.2.364, time stamp: 0x4de99eaa

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x007010ef

Faulting process id: 0x3f8

Faulting application start time: 0x01cf6ea5517923e6

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\crw32.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\crw32.exe

Report Id: 954a54f3-da9a-11e3-acdb-3cd92b08a874

Faulting application name: crw32.exe, version: 14.0.2.364, time stamp: 0x4de99eaa

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17514, time stamp: 0x4ce7ba58

Exception code: 0xc0150010

Fault offset: 0x0008477b

Faulting process id: 0x3f8

Faulting application start time: 0x01cf6ea5517923e6

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\crw32.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll

Report Id: 962a1691-da9a-11e3-acdb-3cd92b08a874

Faulting module name: msxml6.dll, version: 6.30.7601.17514, time stamp: 0x4ce7b8eb

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00001fa8

Faulting process id: 0x1c98

Faulting application start time: 0x01cf6ea75a5019f4

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\msxml6.dll

Report Id: b100ae23-da9b-11e3-acdb-3cd92b08a874

If you require any additional information from me please let me know.

Thanks for reading.

Regards,

Don

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member292966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

Your environment is not uncommon.  We have Crystal running on Terminal servers as well connecting to SQL Server 2008 R2.

Has Crystal been running for a while on this server?

Do you know how long these crashes have been happening?

Does the Windows Event Log show any more information about the crash?

I am assuming the users are fine when they view the report then; scrolling through pages.

If the crashes are consistent then possibly have a look at their permissions on the terminal server.  Crystal saves a working file in the user's Windows Temp folder until the report is saved or closed.

The only other issue I've had with Crystal on a terminal server is access to a printer driver.  Crystal relies heavily on a printer driver so it knows how to handle fonts, paging, etc. on the screen.  I assume the terminal server does not have a printer attached directly to it so make sure the user's remote session is sharing their default printer.

I'm interested to find out if the update fixes your issue.

Good luck,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your help and advise.

Crystal has been running on the server for some time (over a year) but hasn't been 'managed' until now so am looking at all of the issues at present.

We haven't seen a pattern when the errors started though.

Unfortunately the only errors I think relating to CR are the ones in the original post.  There are other errors, particularly to do with printing, but I think that they these are due to the TS sessions which wouldn't run Crystal. See below.

The print spooler failed to load a plug-in module C:\Windows\system32\spool\DRIVERS\x64\3\tsprint.dll, error code 0xc1. See the event user data for context information.

I am assuming the users are fine when they view the report then; scrolling through pages.  Yes, I believe so.

Yes, there are no locally attached printers on the server so the users rely on their remote session sharing the printer.

Regards,

Don

0 Kudos

Hi Don,

Are they access CR Designer through Citrix or Remote Desktop?

If so there are known issues with the latest version of these tools and you should post your issue on their Forums, or search first.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

Thanks for your reply.

It's Crystal Reports 2011 version 14.0.2.364 RTM  and yes accessed via a Remote Desktop Connection.  Sorry I'm not familiar with SAP software is Crystal Reports 2011 another name for CR Designer?

Regards,

Don

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See if applying SP 9 for CR 2011 will help:

http://service.sap.com/sap/bc/bsp/spn/bobj_download/main.htm

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

Thanks for your reply.

Is there anything I should be careful of when applying a CR 2011 service pack?  I guess the installation will require a reboot of the server once complete?  Are there any recommendations?

Regards,

Don

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Last time I did an update, I don't think I needed a reboot. As far as things to be careful about. See KBA 1638102 - Crystal Reports 2011 Installation best practices. Also see the following Discussions:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3233952

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3326347

Oh and yes, Crystal Reports 2011 is another name for CR Designer? Sorry about that confusion.

- Ludek

Message was edited by: Ludek Uher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ludek, I will give this a go.

Regards,

Don

former_member292966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

Unfortunately the event logs are too generic to trace the crash.  If you can ask your users for more information on when the crash happens that will help us diagnose the problem.

What database are your users using?

How are they connecting to the database; ODBC, OLEDB, etc.

Does it crash opening a report?

Does it crash viewing a report?

Does it crash scrolling through pages?

Does it crash logging into a database?

Does it crash when exporting a report?

How is Crystal running on the server?

Is the server a terminal server the users are logging into?

Is it an application server users are able to run concurrently from their desktop?

This would be a case of more information is better.

Thanks,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your post.

The database is SQL 2008 r2 and they are using a OLEDB connection to the database.

The crash usually happens on exporting data or saving it in Crystal Reports.

Crystal is running on a WIndows 2008r2 server which has the database locally installed on it.

There are two users connect to the server using Terminal Services who use Crystal although there are also 20+ users who use the TS server but do not use Crystal.

Regards,

Don