cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customer payment by instalments

0 Kudos

Hello,

We sold machinary, and many customers will pay by instalments. So we set payment plan in sales order.

now we want the accouting docuemnt of customer recievable will have different baseline date base on payment

plan. How does it relealize? Is there any enahancement to split accounting docuement items by payment plan?

Thanks. 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest you to try to set the payment term with installment.  You can split the AR amount (by percentage) with different payment terms.  See below for IMG path:

IMG -> Financial Accounting (New) -> Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable -> Business Transactions -> Outgoing Invoices/Credit Memos

-> Maintain Terms of Payment

-> Define Terms of Payment for Installment Payments

Thanes

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Thanks for all of you. Yes. payment term with installment will work. but the value of each installment in our business requirement can't be divided into a fixed percentage, it is uncertain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Sophie

You can achieve that by a routine defined by yourself in copy control from sales order to invoice. Try to change the baseline date in the routine.

0 Kudos

Hi, Wayne

Thanks for your reply, if I set routine in copy control, it seems the invoice will have multiple items. But in accouting document, how can I also get multiple items, the account  key comes from pricing determination.  so I still only have one item in accouting docuemnt, is that correct?

And I can't find baseline date in invoice.

Sophie.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why will you get multiple items in invoice? Based on my understanding, if you use instalments, billing plan will be set in sales order. For example, you have two Periodic Billing item, and there should be 2 invoice for those periodic item.

Salse Order   100 usd

period 1    40  usd

period 2    60  usd

Invoice

invoice 1   40  usd

invoice 2   60  usd

Account Document

for invoice 1   Dr: accounts receivable  40

Cr: accounts income   -40

the baseline date is in the account document item, but it is the same as billing date in invoice.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let us assume the instalment would be

•     20% for 15 days,
  •     60% for 30 days,
  •     20% for 45 days installments

Create three payment terms in OBB8 as follows:-

• Create a payment term for 15 days as Z100
  • Create a payment term for 30 days as Z150
  • Create a payment term for 45 days as Z200

Now assign the above three payment terms in OBB9

• Z500    Instalment 1     20%     Z100
  • Z500    Instalment 2     60%     Z150
  • Z500    Instalment 3     20%     Z200

Try with the above and get concurrence from your FI team as they are suppose to carry out this activity.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

We replied at the same time but yours has better example.

0 Kudos

Thanks. But the customer didn't use billing plan, they customized a payment plan tab in sales order. Now I need used the data in payment plan.