cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free goods in Sale order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

We have invoiced few materials but the accounting entries are not generated due to price error. Here the product hierarchy is missing for the main item and the sub item(free goods). I am not able to edit the sub item product hierarchy in invoice or in sale order. Please give me the solution for this so that I will be able to update the product hierarchy for the sub item.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can try by reversing the invoice and then enter that field in sale order. If it is not allowing even after reversing the invoice then I guess you have to reverse delivery order as well. Give it a try and update your findings.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Even if you reverse, the sale order will not allow to enter the product hierarchy for the free goods. You can only enter for the main item.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I just tested it and it seems standard behavior. When there is a sub item in sale order in free goods system is doesn't allow to change any material group, material description, condition group and some other fields. This is logical because this material is now linked to main item and during order processing user shouldn't be able to make changes in order for sub item which is free.

Now what you can do is that if this is only for this one order you can delete the line items from sale order and enter product hierarchy in free good's material master data. System will fetch this information from there and it will be automatically filled.

Another work around is that delete line item of free goods and add that material again. Now in Hl Itm (Higher Level Item) field give item number of main item which probably in your case will be 10. System will make this item free based on your item category determination settings and you will be able to make changes in product hierarchy field.

Thank$

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vijay_padmaraja
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mr.Talya,

I am not very clear of your requirement. But based on my understanding this is the solution:

1. Update the condition record for the standard price condition (PR00) against the material and customer

2. Verify the copy control for delivery to billing (VTFL) if the prices are redetermined, if not yes change accordingly

3. Generate billing document (VF01 or VL10A), it must be generated.

Hope I answered your question.

Cheers

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay

The issue is that one of the mandatory condition type is missing. This condition type appears only if the product hierarchy field is filled. To enter the product hierarchy for free goods item, the filed is disabled. So I wanted a solution so that I will be able to enter the product hierarchy either in invoice or sale order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can disable the condition type in pricing procedure for invoice by requirement.