cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP* or DDIC password

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok gang,

I don't get to do a whole lot of installations where I work, so I may have missed some change somewhere. I loaded up SolMan on Server 2003 / SQL Server. After a few issues with the DVD's all the phases completed normally (green checks down the board). I get everything to start up OK using MMC, but when I get the gui logon screen, I can't get in using sap* or ddic users on any client. For sap* I have tried the password "pass" and "06071992" (No quotes) as those were the only ones I knew that came packed into the system on other installations. At this point I have locked sap* out of client 001, so I am really stuck now. Anyone know of a different password for sap, and any password for ddic, and how I can get sap unlocked in client 001 if I can't do it via ddic if I ever get in with that ??

thanks !!

Lloyd Campbell

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm in guys, thanks !! Lloyd

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You usually give a password for all users during the installation - this is the password that should be used when trying to login with DDIC.

Set the profile parameter

login/no_automatic_user_sapstar

and restart the instance. After that you should be able to login with SAP* (with the password used during installation).

--

Makrus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Makrus,

On the profile parm, I already did the following and bounced the box, my sap* user on client 001 is still locked on sap*.. is my setting wrong ?

login/failed_user_auto_unlock = 1

login/no_automatic_user_sapstar = 0

Also, for pwds, I was prompted for a "Master password", an smgadm password, and a SapServiceSMG password, i did not notice (Could have missed it) a sap* indication on any of these ?? These were the only password inputs I made. When I try to use sap*, I get "Password logon is no longer possible - too many failed attempts"

Lloyd Campbell