Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get Attachments added by Requestor in Travel workflows

shweta_m2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We have 2 workflows related to Travel Management and in both workflows Requestor is enabled to add attachments and they should be available at Approver. We have custom workflows developed and I can't see the attachments under Attch_objects_. Attachments added are not reflected in the workflow. We have enabled approvers to add attachments, they appear to next Approver, but not attachments by Requestor. Any help to find and get attachments by requestor appreciated.

Regards,

Shweta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta

Since these are custom workflows, how is the requester uploading the attachment(s) and how it is programmed to pass them on to the WF? or is it done at all or not?

Regards,

Modak

shweta_m2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Modak,

Its triggered from Webdynpro Travel application and the attachments are enable there. BUS2089 is used in this case and the event triggers workflow. I could find from a SCN link that, they can get attachments for standard workflow. Same task custom workflow uses, but it doesnt work. I am seeking opinion if there is any FM to be written to get the attachments.

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta

I am not sure how your WD is interacting with the backend; I would assume that it calls the TRIP functionality to create the travel request which generates the events of BUS2089.

Try the following SCN thread for a possible solution:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1633915

Also

"BUS2089 is used in this case and the event triggers workflow. I could find from a SCN link that, they can get attachments for standard workflow."

Can you please provide the task number used and the SCN link which you are refering to?

Regards,

Modak

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

I assume, that when you trigger workflow from WDA application you might be using event mechanism.

However, i assume that the attachment are uploaded from WDA by using  file_upload ui element. This element by default store the content in XSTRING/RAW format. All you have to do is pass this xstring to workflow container by defining binding between event and workflow container.

Secondly, as you have already mentioned that you are able to export the document to workflow container. Did you try to create the instance of SOFM BOtype. did you try to make use of SAP_WAPI_ADD_ATTACHMENT to create BO type instance.. based on the result obtained by executing function module.

Regards,

Pavan