Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARA: Unable to find tcode while creating/modifying a function in ARA

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to create/modify function in ARA. However, I am unable to find transaction codes in ARA while doing this activity. I have run the job: GRAC_PFCG_AUTHORIZATION_SYNC and I think this should solve the problem. But still could not find any of the tcodes!

I found one note#1736258 - Action not available in functions while change. But this is not applicable to me as my GRC system is on SP#14.

CAn anybody advise me on this?

Regards,

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

We are in SP14 and we do not have this issue. If you put an "*" the query shows any results?

Did you check the SLG1 for the auth sync job?

Tip: in lowercase the search is not working

Kind regards,

Claudio,

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Claudio,

Thanks for your reply.

This is very strange!But as you suggested, I could find tcodes by either using "*" or tcodes in UPPER CASE.

Secondly, if I use "SAP R3" logical group to search the tocdes. However, I could only get GRC systems tcodes!

I am unable to find other modules tcodes. All the system are defined in SAP_R3_LG group.

CAn you please advise on this?

REgards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Claudio: well explained.

@Faizal: this is why I had asked you to let us know why you were using as search criteria.

System does not convert search inputs to uppercases for all input, you can try this by going to user simulation and try to add action by searching su01 in lower case. It will not return SU01 though it exists there, you have to give SU01 in upper case to make it work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

We have all the tcodes available in ERP connector but not works for connector group.

Did you check the SLG1 when your run the GRAC_PFCG_AUTHORIZATION_SYNC?

I will try with the note mentioned by Collen. Regards,

1951002 - Function search and POWL query is not working with Action criteria

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Claudio,

Thanks for your reply.

I dont see any error in SLG1. I will give it a try to implement this note and check.

Will update here.

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

How many connector do you have in SAP_R3_LG? Please run the authorization synch for all the connectors included in the group. If you delete some connector in group, run generate rules job again.

I did this and its works for me.

Kind regards,

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Claudio,

Sorry for the delay in my response.

I have 6 systems and I synchronized the auth objects for all connectors in this logical group. Still facing the same problem.

If I select specific system and try to find a tcode in UPPER CASE, then I am able to find the that tcode. However, if I try to search any tcode for logical group SAP_R3_LG, it does not show that tcode.

I dont understand the system behavior. Any suggestion?

Regards,

Faisal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal

That job is correct for transaction codes and SU24 data.

Are you searching the match-code for a logical system or physical. I recall transaction code not appearing then I had a logical system

Can you run ST05 trace on the sync job to identify which table the data is stored. It will help isolate if issue is with synch program or with NWBC Function Definition screen?

Regards

Colleen

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Colleen,

I am searching for both: single system and logical group. It was coming earlier and now it not! There is only one activity performed during this time and that is, support pack upgrade.

Not sure what needs to be done now. Should I re-activate the BC sets?

Please advise.

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faizal,

My question might be so basis, but what is you giving as a search criteria?

BR,

Mangesh

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal

Agian, you can run the trace to identify which part is failing

However, if you say (also assuming transaction exists in SAP)

It was coming earlier and now it not!.....support pack upgrade

It leads to suggest support pack issue. Have you check marketplace for corrective/side effect notes relating the the Support Pack 14. Also, is SP15 available (you may not be able to implement but you can check the list of SAP notes for ARA to see if one meets your description). If not, you might need to raise a customer incident.

Should I re-activate the BC sets?

I would not advise this as you would risk wiping your Ruleset configuration. Also, the transaction description and SU24 data is via the synch job not BC Sets

Regards

Colleen

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Colleen,

Yes, now I have opened trace (ST01) for this and the job is running. Will be able to share the details once completed.

I have not checked the side effect reports for SP#14 on SMP. Also, I would like to inform you that, we recently also upgraded our ERP development system which is causing some other problem and that is, any role from this system show violations, though the role is absolutely clean!

This was shared in another thread yesterday and it is still open.

Regards,

Faisal

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Colleen,

It seems that this program is updating below tables:

GRACACTION

GRACAUTHPERM

GRACPERMFLDVALG

I could find information in these tables. However, at the time of creating/modifying functions, system gives error that no match is found and nothing is displayed.

Please advise.

Regards,

Faisal

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HI Faisal

If the transaction codes for the system is appearing in the tables after executing the synch job you have ruled out issues is the with synch program of plug-in system.However, check SLG1 to see if any issues identified in the log (unlikely if you said the data is in the table in GRC)

Check through SP15 Master Note (though I searched for GRAC_PFCG_AUTHORIZATION_SYNC and didn't see much or Functions)

1964439 - Master Note for SAP Access Control 10.0 - Support Pack 15

I did also note SAP Note below relating to searching of functions for action criteria- possibly related and is part of SP15?

1951002 - Function search and POWL query is not working with Action criteria

As mentioned, you have said this issue has appeared since Support Pack 14. Again, it looks like a SAP customer incident and hope you receive a quick response from SAP (or one of the moderators who work for SAP can step in and investigate)

Regards

Colleen

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Colleen,

Thanks for your reply.

I looked into the note:1951002 - Function search and POWL query is not working with Action criteria

It seems that it is for custom (Z) tcodes. However, I am even not able to search standard tcodes. Therefore, not sure if I should implement this in my system (suggest, if possible)

Please advise.

Regards,

Faisal