cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to upload file in PI single stack for testing purpose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to test File to file scenario in PI single stack where I want to upload a file on PI file server which will be picked by file channel(using NFS), map it to the target structure and place it back on PI file server.

Please let me know how to upload the file on PI single stack file server?

Thanks.

Regards,

Akshay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jyothi_anagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Akshay,

Please check if you have access to the NFS file path. Otherwise send the file to your basis team and ask them to place it in the directory.

Thanks

Joe

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Akshay,

As mentioned above , you can ask Basis team to place file to your NFS folder  or you can place file using Tcode CG3Z . Below is link for your reference,

http://scn.sap.com/thread/867260

Also you can write code to upload the file to application folder. You can run the report to place file each time you want to test the interface.

Regards

Avi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avi,

Thanks for your reply.

As I mentioned, we are working on PI single stacK(Java stack) therefore we cannot make use of CG3Z tcode.

Anyways, I will ask my Basis team to upload the file.

regards,

Akshay

manigram
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Ask basis team to create one folder and share the entire path with you. as well ask basis team to keep that file inside the folder. You can configure the path in PI channel and activate it.

Regards,

Manigandan

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Akshay,

As far as I know there isn't a PI tool to do this. The best way is that your basis share a PI folder to you via NFS or SFTP in order to let you to deposit files.

Regards.

abranjan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Akshay,

Alternatively, you can use Filezilla (with a valid credential) to upload files with valid authorizations.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for your reply but I was not able to connect PI server through FileZilla.

Regards,

Akshay

abranjan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Akshay,

I mentioned it was an alternative if you want to remain independent of Basis team. For connecting Filezilla, you need a proper host/username/password/port. Its a setup that basis provides after which you can easily upload/download files in desired remote host location.

Regards,

Abhishek

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

you can also try using some FTP folder to place a file and then can send this file to NFS folder on PI.