cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a button in the FPM application..?

0 Kudos

Here is my FPM application for MDG(Material data governance)

Anybody please tell me how to add it.

Is there any thing to do with the feeder class because it is bassically built by using the feeder classes.

I that screen, near to the CHECK Button i have to add another button and wanted to do some event for that.

It will be realy helpfull if some could tell me the answer.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215610
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srikumaran,

To Add button on toolbar click on tool bar -> In the toolbar schema -> add toolbar element -> select button.

To Add event and change the text of button -> Change text and Give new event id in

and Save.

To Catch the event go to the feeder class get_data method and use below code.

if IV_EVENTID->MV_EVENT_ID = 'EVNT_TEST'.

Write code which need to execute when user click on button.

Endif.

Regards,

Ragavendra

0 Kudos

Hi Ragav,

How can i go to the toolbar schema? using technical help right?

if i ll be going by that way means i have got all the UIBBS and one global toolbar will be there and with that how do i add the button? by enhancing the FPM application or any other method to achive this?

0 Kudos

Hi Ragav,

whatever the solution you have given is to do in feeder class i guess. then help me to get out of it am completely new to this one.

julia_bender
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Srikumaran,

additionaly to Ragav's comment you can either inherit from the standard feeder class or enhance it and then - if you like having an own event - enrich method GET_DEFINITION by adding an additional entry within ET_ACTION_DEFINITION.

Afterwards this event is available within your GUIBB configuration and you can add a button to it.

Best regards,

Julia

former_member215610
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srikumaran,

Right click -> Technical Help -> Click on component under start component.

If the application is standard the you need to do enhancement.

Regards,

Ragavendra

0 Kudos

Hi Julia,

In Case you can see the screen i have to add the button on the page header of that paticular screen there i have some more buttons already there like 'SUBMIT , CHECK , EDIT Etc...'  i dont have any feeder class for that buddy, they have created a page header in the WEBdynpro component thats it.

Regards,

Srikumaran

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

J_R
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikumaran,

since you would like to add your button to the toolbar in the page header it is NOT the correct way to change anything in the feeder classes.

What you have to do is to create either customizing or an enhancement for the SAP-delivered floorplan configuration and add your button to it. Please note that customizing is client-dependent whereas an enhancement is not. From the screenshot that you have posted I guess that your FPM application is based on the OVP floorplan. Hence, you have to create customizing or an enhancement for the corresponding OVP component configuration. You can add your button there and specify the event that has to be triggered when clicking on this button.

In order to process that event you should create an application configuration controller (AppCC) that implements the interface IF_FPM_OVP_CONF_EXIT. This AppCC has to be entered into the customized/ enhanced OVP floorplan configuration in order to be processed. If there is already an AppCC entered you have two possibilities, either entering your own AppCC (which should then inherit from the original AppCC), or to create an enhancement for the original AppCC in order to be able to process your own logic in it.

Best regards,

Jens

J_R
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Just as an additional remark:

It is also possible to add a button to the OVP page header toolbar dynamically at runtime. For this, you have to use the OVP API IF_FPM_OVP (which requires an AppCC as well), or the OVP API IF_FPM_CNR_OVP (which doesn't require an AppCC). Both APIs offer a method ADD_TOOLBAR_BUTTON for that purpose.

julia_bender
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Srikumaran,

Jens is totally right - I thought you would like to add a button to any of the GUIBB configurations.

In addition to Jens' comments above I can recommend the following document on how to enhance and customize FPM applications.

Best regards,

Julia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Jens,

I also have similar kind of requirement where i need to add a button in CATS working time application HRESS_AC_CATS_1 next to RELEASE button.

Could you please tell me how to use API IF_FPM_CNR_OVP ? Where to maintain this API in FPM?

Regards,

Ibrahim

J_R
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ibrahim,

you can get an instance of the OVP API IF_FPM_CNR_OVP in the following way:

DATA:  lo_fpm         TYPE REF TO if_fpm,

lo_fpm_cnr_ovp TYPE REF TO if_fpm_cnr_ovp.

* Get reference to FPM OVP CNR API

lo_fpm = cl_fpm_factory=>get_instance( ).

lo_fpm_cnr_ovp ?= lo_fpm->get_service(cl_fpm_service_manager=>gc_key_cnr_ovp ).

With the instance lo_fpm_cnr_ovp you can call the methods of interface IF_FPM_CNR_OVP, for example method ADD_TOOLBAR_BUTTON.

I don't understand your question "Where to maintain this API in FPM?". You don't need to maintain anything, just use the coding above. You can call this coding in an Application Configuration Controller (AppCC)of the OVP, but you can call it also anywhere else if you don't have an AppCC, for example in your feeder classes. But please note that it isn't good programming style if you access the floorplan API from within a feeder class since the feeder class should normally be independent of the floorplan...

Best regards,

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jens. I will try this and will let you know.

Could you please tell me what you mean by this line "You can call this coding in an Application Configuration Controller (AppCC)of the OVP" .

What is AppCC and where exactly i can see it ? I believe this will be something standard for CATS working time application HRESS_AC_CATS_1 (component HRESS_C_CATS) which i need to enhance. Can you please thorugh some more light on this?

regard,s

Ibrahim

J_R
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

For more information about FPM and the AppCC please refer to the FPm Developer's Guide. A link to this documentation can be found on the following page: