Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hierarchy Analysis Authorization does not work after transport

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am facing a issue in hierarchy analysis authorization in quality system but the same authorization works perfectly fine in development.

All hierarchy authorizations works in Quality except for this one. I found one old sap note describing this as program error but this note is not applicable in BW 7.3.

I have checked the table RSECVAL, RSECHIER and authorization is active so everything looks good. Please advise if anyone faced this issue after transporting hierarchy auths to other systems

Regards,

Salman

3 REPLIES 3

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Salman

Have you compared the version of the report between DEV and QA to see if it has been changed?

Try to trace via RSECVAL and compare results between the system?

Regards

0 Kudos

Issue Resolved. This was not security issue. The Hierarchy node technical name was not the same in Quality as development that is why the authorization was not working in QA.

Thanks Colleen. I really like your GRC recommendations/suggestions

shivraj_singh2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Salman,

What I understood from your description is that you have same role+AA in Dev and QA, which provides access in Dev for all the nodes for said hierarchy but in QA, same role+AA provides access to the same hierarchy for all the nodes but one. Try to create a ZTEST analysis authorization in QA itself with access for the problematic hierarchy node and see if it works ? This will rule out the case if there is a difference in hierarchy in DEV & QA.

Regards,

Shivraj Singh