cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ERP EHP6 Upgrade cancel with no SUM Directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

At last week on wednesday, we started to upgrade ERP EHP5 to EHP6 case. On Friday evening over 7:00PM we started the preprocessing step.

When phase MAIN_SHDIMP/SUBMOD_SHD2_RUN/XPRAS_SHD_AIMMERGE step has being processing, system VM disk has got fulled, And system stopped responding. We checked all the sources, and but couldnt get windows started.

We had to restore system to another host, with Friday evening 08:00PM SQL backup.

Now this is the case, we have a SUM started database with no SUM directory. System is now usable for end-users but in some txcoedes system seems locked due to system upgrade.

When we run se38- RSUPGRES program, it has the error below.

now, how can i cancel the upgrade status without SUM directory?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

TP imports are not possible during that upgrade phase what is why you get the 253 and the error message. There is a dirty trick (playing with table UVERS) that allows to override that security and be able to perform import but I won't recommend using it.

I do not think that RSUPGRES could help without the SUM directory, further more it should not work with SUM (see note 417670).

I'm afraid the only solution is to recover from a backup taken before the upgrade.

I'm a bit afraid about your sentence "system is now usable for end-users", I hope that system is not productive.

Regards

417670 - Addnl information on resetting upgrade as of Release 6.10

you should not use the note for SAPehpi

1972214 - Error in Upgrade : batch job fails with this error "Log writer aborted with RC 1"

Usually the issue with "Log writer aborted with RC 1" and COULD_NOT_OPEN_FILE error, means the directories in DIR_PUT and/or DIR_TRANS cannot be accessed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

thanks for kind replays, the system was at production status, and could not restore from database,

i opened SAP AG connection and they fixed it and didnt tell about what they have done.

it is okay and upgrade is completed now

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Did you try to reset the upgrade after restoring the SUM directory from the original system?

The error in the first screenshot can be caused due to the fact there could be a flag under "Protection against SAP upgrade" in Tx SCC4 for the client.

Try to remove the flag (un-check the box) and see if that helps. This will NOT reset the upgrade.

The second error is most likely due to the fact the upgrade directory is not accessible.

Regards

RB