cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecast model in MRP Areas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know more about what is the use of the forecast model (in the forecast tab) of the MRP Areas? I am testing the MRP Areas functionality for my client and the help information on Forecast Model isn't very helpful (for me at least). I am not sure why this field is mandatory and what effect does it have since we are planning to run MRP manually via Tcode MD03. Hope you can clarify or provide some insights. Thank you.

Regards,

Chester

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Chester

The forecast model is only relevant if you are using an MRP type with forecast, such as VV for example.

If you are not using an MRP with forecast, then you should not select the tab forecast on the MRP area. That way, system will not ask you to define a forecast model.

BR

Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Caetano,

We usually use PD and a custom MRP type which is reorder point with requirements. I agree with your suggestion but what happens if a user selected it unintentionally or by mistake? Is there a way to make that field optional instead of required? I think this is a configuration somewhere in PP but I am not sure where.

Regards,

Chester

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Chester

It is not possible to use the material master field selection customizing for the MRP areas.

The MRP area is only an integrated object in the material master and so you don't have there the full functionality like for the material master itself. Therefore, you cannot change MRP area fields to be required or not in customizing.

If the tab forecast is clicked by mistake, you can cancel the input and start again.

Otherwise, if you really want to make it not mandatory, I can only suggest you a modification on the standard program, in order to avoid the message "M3457 - Enter a forecast model or model selection" to be triggered.

You can use the following document to find where the message is triggered and ask your ABAP consultant to change the program:

BR

Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Caetano,

Thank you so much for your inputs. These are really helpful. Have a good one!

Regards,

Chester

Answers (0)