Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Forecast model in MRP Areas

Hi,

I would like to know more about what is the use of the forecast model (in the forecast tab) of the MRP Areas? I am testing the MRP Areas functionality for my client and the help information on Forecast Model isn't very helpful (for me at least). I am not sure why this field is mandatory and what effect does it have since we are planning to run MRP manually via Tcode MD03. Hope you can clarify or provide some insights. Thank you.

Regards,

Chester

Tags:
Former Member
replied

Hello Chester

It is not possible to use the material master field selection customizing for the MRP areas.

The MRP area is only an integrated object in the material master and so you don't have there the full functionality like for the material master itself. Therefore, you cannot change MRP area fields to be required or not in customizing.

If the tab forecast is clicked by mistake, you can cancel the input and start again.

Otherwise, if you really want to make it not mandatory, I can only suggest you a modification on the standard program, in order to avoid the message "M3457 - Enter a forecast model or model selection" to be triggered.

You can use the following document to find where the message is triggered and ask your ABAP consultant to change the program:

How to analyze an error message in debug

BR

Caetano

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question