Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly can no longer launch Studio

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I'm having a problem where my Hana Studio froze in the middle of typing in procedure editor.  I had to kill the session and now when I attempt to relaunch studio the progress bar moves to about 40% across and then disappears and nothing happens.  Studio is no longer launched.  I've tried a couple things I've read in this forum to fix it such as changing my .ini file and pointing to a different workspace but nothing is helping.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks,

-Patrick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok here's what I ended up having to do to fix my problem in case any other poor soul suffers like I did.  This took me a ton of trial and error but essentially the missing element seemed to be STEP 3.  Each time I did a fresh new install I had the same problem until I deleted the ECLIPSE folder.

Steps to fix:

1) Uninstalled every HANA Studio installation

2) Uninstalled every HANA client installation

3) Manually deleted ECLIPSE folder found in C:\program files\SAP

4) Manually deleted hdbstudio folder found in C:\MyUser

5) Reboot

6) Installed HANA Studio 72 (could not get 68 client drivers to work so gave up)

7) Installed HANA Client 72 (needed for REGI file; which is needed for repositories in SAP HANA Development perspective)

😎 Launch new studio

9) Setup all system connections

10) Setup repository in SAP HANA Development perspective (First time ever that I've had no grief with doing this - I think having multiple versions of studio on my laptop was creating issues)

11) Setup new project in Project Explorer tab in SAP HANA Development perspective

12) Created new procedure (copied and paste text - luckily I save all my procedures in my email).  Save it.  Team/Check it.  Team/Activate it.

13) Right click on the project and choose Team/Share project

All is back to normal.  I have NO idea what went wrong to begin with but I lost a good day of productivity.

-Patrick

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oh I also uninstalled my JRE7 environment and reinstalled.  But I'm betting that was overkill.  I just go so frustrated that I decided to do everything from scratch.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Patrick - What version of Studio do you have? Most Studio version has to coincide with the existing HDB system version currently running on your server. Ask you BASIS team member if HDB was recently upgraded.  If so upgrade your Studio to the same version. 

We are currently using:

SAP HANA Studio

Version: 1.0.68

Build id: 201310151624 384084

Good Luck.

Octavio

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually I have studio 72 although have two versions of hana db.  Our dev is currently 72 and staging and production are both 68. I've had no problems writing procedures on the 68 server for the past couple of months with 72 studio.  We have mostly abandoned any development on 72 due to some bugs that we are waiting for 75 release for.  I finally ended up deleting my METADATA folder in hdbstudio folder and then reset all my connections, repository, new project, etc which was painful and it worked for about 10minutes and then failed again!  So I'm now dead in the water and panicking.

-Patrick

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also I should mention that before i deleted METADATA folder I made a copy.  Then launched studio.  Then when all my connections were gone i tried to copy it back thinking it would either fail again or fix it.  It actually worked for a bit but never brought the connections back so I'm not clear where those are stored.  If anybody knows if there's a way to backup the connection info and easily restore it would be a huge time saver.

Thanks

-Patrick