cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 516 in SMP 2.3 - iOS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting Error code 516 while synchronizing data in iOS app from SMP 2.3. The device gets registered and then the app does not move forward to home screen. The log file shows following error in Xcode :

SUPConnectionStatus_DISCONNECTED, code = 516, message = Error: 516 Detail: Error sending request to server Native                Error: -2 Source: moClient.cpp 1907.

Another app with the same configuration works but when I am trying to replicate the same configurations with new app, it throws the above error. Please help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you all for your inputs. The error was because of the wrong name of the sync group.

After I have modified the sync group name, I am getting another error :

Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'SUPPersistenceException', reason: 'Sync failed: -857 (ERROR) %1:[-10244] The MobiLink server has encountered an error and the s;Parameter 1:[-10244] The MobiLink server has encountered an error and the synchro'

Will Appreciate your help.

Thanks

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure you are passing SK and PK in any from device. Keep an external breakpoint (debugger) in RFC (logged in as same user used from device) and check whether RFC is triggering, if yes see check the input values coming from device.

Make sure you are able to do a preview of the MBO from sybase workspace too.

Midhun VP

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

sync failed -857 error generally comes when your request is not reaching from SMP to backend system.

Have you verified the sync profile settings in current app with the working app?

If settings are correct, please follow the steps what Midhun has asked you to.

Rgrds,

JK

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I doubt if something wrong with your synchronization profile.

Please cross check with sync profile for working application. In general, sync profile should be:

server: Relayserver

port: 443/80

stream parameter: url suffix(/ias_relay_server/client/rs_client.dll/RBS farm id)

Note: Assuming Relay server is running in window server.

Rgrds,

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a reverse proxy, Relay Server, and/or firewall in the landscape?  Is the device connecting over cellular network or wifi?

Thanks,

Andrew.

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Andrew There is a relay server and the device is connecting over cellular network. This problem occurs with a new application with same configuration settings while another one runs fine.

Thanks

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

what do you mean by same configuration settings? Can you please share the iOS code for synchronization?

Rgrds,

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

@jitendra Same configuration settings mean the serverName, portNumber, FarmId etc. I can not share the code right now but the logs displays the error right after the device gets registered on SCC.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have the same problem with the carrier connection, everything works perfectly only in wifi connection