cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

visual enterprise problems

0 Kudos

On behalf of a customer..

In the past I was able to open 3ds max files with Right Hemisphere Deep Exploration CAD.  Do animation in max, open in RH DE and output to Acrobat 3d pdf.  I NEED to be able to animate in max and output to steps and procedures to 3d pdf.  Preferably with no Java problems . . 

Right now I can’t even get it to open the max files.  We’ve tried to follow the .txt file in Program Files>SAP>SAP 3D VEA 7.1>Plugins>3dsMax>rh_max_install.txt.  In that folder are rh_max_2010-1012.gup and an rh_max_gup Regedit4 file.  Then we downloaded the SAP 3D Visual Enterprise third-party plug-ins which had an rh_max_dll.dll   Don’t know if we have the right gup, dll in the right places.  *SIGH*

When I try to open a max file I get “An installation of 3ds Max was not detected,  . . . “ Or” 3ds Max plugin failed to initialize(hr=ffffffff80040154).  Reinstall the plug-in)” and “Cannot create instance and connec(sic) to 3ds Max COM server” I  upgraded to max 2014, because somewhere it says on your site that SAP VEA will work with max 2014.  And old versions were not working with Acrobat X Pro and Windows 7 x64. 

Please assist

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

derrick_hurley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Dear GS,

When you install SAP 3D Visual Enterprise Author (VEA), the plugin 3ds.x3d is installed along with the product. Please start Author and check via menu -> Help -> Plug-in Manager.

For 3DS Max 2014;

The latest SAP 3D Visual Enterprise 3DS Max Plugins are available on the SAP Store.

3D Studio Max 2013 & 2014 are supported with this plugin.

Once installed, please make sure they are 'loaded' in Max via menu Customize -> Plug-in Manager (again by default)

If you are receiving an error after performing the above, please create an SAP Incident under component CA-VE-VEA

Kind regards,

SAP VE Team