Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anything new with GUI abilities in standard SAP?

robphelan
Participant
0 Kudos

I find myself creating yet another workbench with hotspots to yet another Popup using the same FM i've been using for 5 years.

Is there anything new to use in standard ABAP (not Web Dynpro)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Robert,

Instead of FMs why not try out OO programming.

You can use the class CL_GUI_ALV_GRID.

You can use the attribute MC_STYLE_HOTSPOT for having the field enabled with hot spot. When you click on the field that has hot spot enabled, the event HOTSPOT_CLICK will be raised and you can see the handler ON_HOTSPOT_CLICK to perform your actions.

Thanks,

Vikram.M

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Robert,

Instead of FMs why not try out OO programming.

You can use the class CL_GUI_ALV_GRID.

You can use the attribute MC_STYLE_HOTSPOT for having the field enabled with hot spot. When you click on the field that has hot spot enabled, the event HOTSPOT_CLICK will be raised and you can see the handler ON_HOTSPOT_CLICK to perform your actions.

Thanks,

Vikram.M

0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

sorry... yes we've been doing OO for many years.. as a matter of fact this whole workbench (editable ALV) is built using a dynamic GUI interpretation of structures, toolbars, and events.

The workbench definition is all configuration and is dynamically generated for the user.

But some things just look boring since there's been little progress over the past few years in SAPGUI