Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After reversing the Inbound delivery in VL09, lock in LT0G

former_member318507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am canceling a Inbound delivery (Plant - WM managed) thru VL09 and then trying  return to stock using LT0G.

But I am getting lock, unable to reverse stock/TO , and the log says " Scheduled quantity exceeds available/picked quantity ".

LS24 shows no stock available for the material in the Storage type,

but surprisingly this LT0G some times works fine & some times show this lock and unable to proceed further.

What is the setting or process missing? are we not suppose to use VL09 and LT0G subsequently?

Is there any other better way to do this? and what is the proper way to do this?

Appreciate your suggestions to either unlock the item or reverse the stock or unpick the qty in the Inbound delivery.

Thankyou,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member318507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi WM Experts,

Appreciate your reply.

Thankyou,

Ravi

shankar_kumar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if the configuration of Storage type 902 in stock removal strategy tab.

if Allow negative stock is checked.

if not it will not allow you to do LT0g after VL09.

in your case of scenario, it should have negative stock allowed.

Hope this will help in resolving your querries.

thanks,

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What you need to do is first cancel goods receipt, and then do a LT06 for the cancellation Mat.Doc.
Then do a LT0G, you will have stock in your interim storage type and the dynamic storage bin so you
will not get the issue/problem you are facing.

Explanation:
You need to return stock from your WM storage type to your interim storage type in order to have it available in interim storage type / dynamic bin.
Just do a reversal of posting and do LT06 referenced on your MD and you should do fine.
Afterwards you will be able to perform LT0G.

former_member318507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sundic,

Tried with your options LT06, but could not proceed further as i got the below error.

Transfer requirement 0000545467 already fully supplied, Message no. L3047.

Looks like it is trying to create TO from TR, but hope it wont applicable to my process.

Since we create directly TO instead of TR then TO.

Creation process:(PGR)

1. Create Inbound delivery : VL31N & save it.

2. VL32N- and then subsequent function- create TO & save it.

3. VL32N - PGR.(Post Goods Receipt)

former_member318507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi WM Experts,

Appreciate your reply.

Thankyou,

Ravi

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP had told you in the error message to check the activity.

did you do that? what have you seen?

former_member318507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Can you please guide me how to check the activity?

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As far as my knowledge says the correct sequence should be LT0G and then VL09

former_member318507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

I tried with your sequence also LT0G and then VL09, but then I am getting error symbol in LT0G , saying the " Data has been changed in the meantimne (check activity)"

Please let me know how to proceed?

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindran,

Could you please share the steps with screenshot which you are following. This will help us to analyze and direct you towards the right direction

former_member318507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Please find the sequence of steps which i am performing

Creation process:

Cancelation process: As per your suggestion

1. LT0G - unable to proceed due to error symbol in LT0G saying the " Data has been changed in the meantimne (check activity)"

2. VL09 - unable to proceed, since error in the above step.

Please let me know how to check the activity? i can send the snap shots.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

Based on the steps provided by you i did replicated the scenario in my system and getting the same error message.

Reason for this error message is that system is looking for the OverallWMStatus(LVSTK) , OvrllGdsMvtStat(WBSTK) and based on this throw the error message

in this scenario you need to first reverse the inbound delivery using VL09 and then run the LT0G and it will work fine

Looking at the above thread i belive you are getting the error with this process (VL09 and then LT0G) also if my understanding is correct then Could you please share the screen detail realated to error Scheduled quantity exceeds available/picked quantity and if possible please share the message number

Please let me know if you still face the issue

former_member318507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Looks like still the LT0G and then VL09 should be correct sequence......I can share you some more inputs

Bofore VL09 - Stock are available in the fixed bins for the ST in LS24

After VL09 - Stock are not available in any of the bins for the ST in LS24,

hence defintely After VL09, the LT0G is throwing error which is for sure due to non -availability of stock.
not even in the interim bins.

Mesage number is 615.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindran,

Looking at the code i can see the reason for error message 615 is because of mismatch in between target quantity and Actual Quantity

Statment on line number 114 in German convert that to English and it is: In the TA'S the created with the LT0G, the TA actual quantity may not be higher than the target amount, because it leads to negative differential amount

It would be better if you can share the steps with screen shot

former_member318507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Please find the snap shots details after the VL09 and while doing LT0G

There is a lock in the LT0G screen and shows non-availability of the  stock.

Please note there are 4 line items in the delivery, but only the 4th line item appears here.......

Scenario-2: before doing VL09, if first LT0G is done, then the screen appears as below with all the line items, but could not proceed, hope you are aware about that error.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not used to inbound deliveries, but I had spend quite some time with LT0G locks on outbound deliveries.

the process flow for an outbound delivery cancellation  is:

cancel goods issue with VL09 - unpick the delivery with LT0G - then you can do a new pick or just delete the delivery.

Like said, I am not familiar with inbound deliveries, so I am just do some brainstorming in public.

As you can only unpick if the goods issue is not done, I would think that it is the same case and flow for an inbound delivery: cancel goods receipt with VL09 then LT0G.

LT0G checks the availability. Since you cancelled the receipt, you should see negative quants in 902 storage type. Negative is not available.

I am not sure if LT0G is at all used in an inbound delivery process. Is there any picking?

An interim storage bin in storage type 902 is usually a dynamic bin.

if you remove stock and the quant becomes zero then the quant is deleted.

It is not possible to create dynamic bins with a LT01 transaction and 999 movement type.

So there is no chance to create stock in 902 prior to VL09.

The lock is displayed when the info from the quant does not match with the info from the delivery.

There is a KBA explaining the lock in case of an outbound delivery: 1459764 - Cannot cancel a TO using LT0G as items are locked

Eventually you can get some valuable information from there, even I think not for this case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

can you show us a screenshot of your WM stock overview after each of your steps?

<Do you have here a negative stock on storage type 902?>

In our system we do not have the need to create TOs for inbound deliveries. Therefore we can just move the parts back to the dynamic bin with LT01 and then reverse the goods receipt with VL09. Maybe this is also suitable for you.

Best regards

Christopher

former_member318507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manish, Jurgen,

I found a pattern & reason for this issue, now I need a solution.

Please find the details below

When ever the Storage type & bin has some stock then this does not happens

when ever the ST & bin have nil stock, then this issue arises

Successful Case: Example

Before PGR: LS24 Stock in ST & Bin = 10 qty

Inbound delivery qty =2

After PGR :LS24 Stock in ST & Bin = 12 qty

After VL09 & LT0G , LS24 stock in ST & bin = 10 qty

Failure Case: Example

Before PGR: LS24 Stock in ST & Bin = Nil

Inbound delivery qty =2

After PGR :LS24 Stock in ST & Bin = 2 qty

After VL09 &

Unable to perform LT0G , LS24 stock in ST & bin =  Nil

LT0G lock for the particular material.

former_member318507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Please find the details,

<Do you have here a negative stock on storage type 902?>

Yes , the LS24 stock shows negative stock

Our system is configured in way that it need TO before PGR. And we cannot do with LT01, since ST 902 interim bin does not allow manual LT01.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravindran,

In your failed example last step after VL09 and before LT0G you wrote that the stock in ST and bin is NIL

But shouldn't it be negative stock in ST902 and positive stock on your normal shelf?

in MMBE stock nil sure, but in WM? Because otherwise what do you want to clear with LT0G

Best regards

Christopher

former_member318507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

After VL09 and before LT0G

the stock in ST and bin is NIL both in MMBE and LS24.

Even in the successful example also after VL09 and before LT0G, the LS24 stock is reduced, no negative stock in 902 and postive stock.But LT0G is successfull & create unconfirmed TO.

Before confirming the TO:

Stock @ this point LS24 = qty increased in the putaway stock (positive stock)

After confirming the TO

Stock @ this point LS24 = qty reduced in the putaway stock.

work as expected for the successful example.

Ideally we need/do the LT0G to unpick the putaway qty in the delivery otherwise you cannot change the qty in the delivery (grey mode),

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindran,

I was trying to simulate the failure scenario in my system and i can see one difference. Once the VL09 is done how come the stock in ST & Bin is nil.....in my system i am able to see the stock on storage bin after VL09, After successful processing of the VL09 system creates a negative quant with the dynamic bin in 902  and once you do LT0G it does the adjustment with the positive quant (physical bin) (This is the issue if we can find the root cause for this your problem is solved). Could you please share the screenshot of the storage bin detail along with storage type 902 before the VL09 and after VL09 and then LT0G screen

Inbound delivery qty =2

After VL09 &

LT0G lock for the particular material.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindran,

what Manish explained is the same I expected.

Could you please provide us the same screenshots for the example which is working?

Thanks

Best regards

Christopher

former_member318507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Please find the snap shots.

Inbound delivery qty =1

After PGR :LS24 Stock in ST & Bin = 1 qty (Before VL09)

After VL09 &

LT0G lock

Failed case materials are blank ( ie materials with nil stock before PGR)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindran,

Could you please share the status overview screen of the inbound delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravindran,

did you put the parts away after posting goods receipt?

If you did not do it, the VL09 should have reverse the goods receipt and LT0G should not be needed.

Also please provide us with the screenshots which are working.

Best regards

Christopher

former_member318507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manish.

Please find the same

former_member318507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Please find the detailed process steps in my scenario

Creation process:

After confirmation of the TO, the below happens in background.

TO - Putaway the stock from 902 to 011 storage type.

Cancelation process:

Successful Example: (pre-existing stock)

1. VL09 - Cancelation successful

2. LT0G - Successful.

Before PGR: LS24 Stock

Inbound delivery qty =1

After TO created.

After TO confirmed

After PGR :LS24 Stock  (Before VL09)

After VL09

After LT0G successful

After the TO is confirmed

Status overview screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravindran,

could you please show us a screenshot of the TO created with LT0G, from which bin to which?

For me it is very strange, that the negative quant after VL09 is not created in Storage type 902.

Second question. What is your target overall? Delete the inbound delivery or repost GR?

Best regards

Christopher

former_member318507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Snap shot of the TO created with LT0G

Source & destination ST & bin are same.

I could not get your second question. Can you please explain me in detail.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindran,

If i will look at the screen shared by you then  there are four line item in the delivery 180446063, when you are reversing this what are the process are you following to reverse ?  it looks like that you are using the material document option to reverse the inbound delivery like in the below mentioned i think the only line number 40 got reversed and rest are still in PGR status. Could you please reverse all the four line item and then try LT0G.

former_member318507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

As I told you earlier, for canceling the Inbound delivery , I am using VL09, after that LT0G.

I am not using MIGO or any other transactions to cancel it.

FYI- All the 4 lines are reversed from VL09, i am posting the snap shot just for ur belief...:-)

ONLY Notable difference.

* The 3 lines items does not have pre-existing stock and only line item 40 has pre-existing stock.

Please note it is not a material specific issue, I guess it is purely related to pre-existing stock or removal stra or putaway strat.

If i add some stock to the 3 line items ( ie if i make there is some pre-existing stock to all the materials in the delivery , then everything is working successfully).

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindran,

As far as standard SAP are concern, Result remain same it doesnot matter whoever use the system. i am still not convinced with your statment that we should have pre existing stock.

In my opinion the flow are

Step 1) Inbound delivery against purchase order

Step 2) Creation of Transfer order

Step 3) Confirm transfer order

Step 4) Reverse the Delivery document using VL09(This will create negative quant in 902)

Step 5) LT0G --Delivery view, enter the quantity and press Return to stock

Now i can think only one reson for available stock to appear as zero in LT0G screen as if i transfer the stock to someother bin after STEP 3 or stock is not availble in warehouse, in that case quant information is lost (it has no relation with pre-existing stock as the stock received against the IBD and system expect that stock should be there in the destination bin confirmed using the Step 3)

Delivery with multiple line item, reversal required for one line item

Now you can have a scenario where you are having 4 line item in the delivery and you want to reverse only one, in this scenarion you can use the VL09 with material document option, system will display all the possible material document for the IBD reverse the respective Material document as per your requirement and then use the TO view of LT0G to reverse the particular line item

former_member318507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

I am not saying that we should have pre-existing stock, I am referring that this issue is not happening if there is any pre-existing stock.

If the below steps are STD SAP behavior then,please refer the step -4.

Step 4) Reverse the Delivery document using VL09(This will create negative quant in 902) - this is not happening in my case, what setting or configuration change required?

Step 5) LT0G --Delivery view, enter the quantity and press Return to stock

FYI - Already ST:902 is checked to allow negative stock.

If my below steps are also correct behavior then,please let me know where would be the foresee possible issue in the below steps? And what is the setting or config change required for my failure case?

My successful example process:

Step 4) Reverse the Delivery document using VL09(No negative stock created )

Step 5) LT0G --Delivery view, select the tick & press Putaway background.

TO created with Source & destination ST & bin are same.

After TO confirmation stock becomes sync.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravindran,

The second questions was:

why do you want to reverse your inbound delivery?

Best regards

Christopher

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindran,

Please find below the customization which system checks at the time of reversal

Against the movement indicator B which is for purchase order Reversal movement type mentained as 102 in IM

Assignment with  WM it is maintained as 601.

As far as Configuration are concern You can see here that IM reversal movement type 102 is mapped with WM movement type 601

Once the above configuration is done then system goes to

LE--WM---ACTIVITIES--TRANSFER -- DEFINE MOVEMENT TYPE and picks the storage type and storage bin from that movement type detail screen,

If the above configuration are in place and still you are having the issue then could you please share WM detail tab of the martial document created as a part of Reversal using VL09. Below mentioned picture will guide you to find the detail which i am requesting you to share

former_member318507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

I checked all your config setting , refer M.T assigned with WM - MT is 102 to 102 , there is no 601.

Even in your snap shot it is assigned with 102 to 102.

WM detail tab of material document has 102 MT, please find the snap shot.

former_member318507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Reason to reverse inbound delivery: After successfull PGR, we cannot change the qty in the delivery, ie the putaway qty will be grey. If you need to make it editable first VL09, then LT0G,after that only the putaway qty will be made editable.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindran,

Based on the material document screen shared by you, system is giving you the detail of bin where it is reversing the stock where as you are saying that when u r looking WM Stock for storage type 902 there is no stock. i can see system generates a TR in your case could you please share some more information about the TR check the status of TR, What is the TO number against the TR and what is the source and destination bin in the TO, this will give more insight.

meanwhile i am looking for the code to find why the system is picking 601 in my case and 102 in your case

former_member318507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Some more inputs on the TR:

Successful Case:From Material document TR has been created , then TR toTO.

source : 011- bin- XXXXX

destin: 902- bin -PO #

Failure case:From material document TR is created only for 1 line item (Pre-existing stock), then TR to TO. All ther other line items failed to create TR from the material document (No pre-existing stock)

Unable to create TR manually from the material document for the remaining items,since system is configured in a way not to allow manual TR for movement 102.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindran,

If i look the failure scenario and my understanding then i am afraid that we won't be able to help you here. you need to take help from your technical team to check in debug mode why the system is not reversing the other line item even if stock is there in the storage bin.

Failure scenario as explained by you and my understanding

Warehouse stock Before inbound receipt

Storage type           Material                Qty

011                         B                           2

Inbound delivery

Material                Qty

A                              1

B                              1

C                              1

D                              1

You create and confirm a Putaway TO and transfer the stock to Storage type 011 from 902

Warehouse stock AFTER inbound receipt

Storage type           Material                Qty

011                         A                           1

011                         B                           3

011                         C                           1

011                         D                           1   

without moving the stock anywhere you immediately Reverse the Inbound delivery

As highlighted by you system reverse only line item 2 (Material B) for which stock was already there in the warehouse before your inbound receipt. As a standard SAP if you are doing reversal against the delivery it should reverse all the four line item. Please take help of your technical team who can debug and help to find the Root cause

former_member318507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Correction to the your understanding.

" If i look the failure scenario and my understanding then i am afraid that we won't be able to help you here. you need to take help from your technical team to check in debug mode why the system is not reversing the other line item even if stock is there (not available) in the storage bin "

"As highlighted by you system reverse only line item 2 (Material B) for which stock was already there in the warehouse before your inbound receipt. As a standard SAP if you are doing reversal against the delivery it should reverse all the four line item . It is reversing all the 4 line items of the delivery (MM- Inventory/document is fine), No TR or TO is getting generated for the 3 line items which does not have pre-existing stock.(WM -issue) "

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wondering...If stock is not there in the bin then where is the stock for other three line item which you received as a part of inbound delivery (from the above example material A,C &D)

Also what do u expect the system to do when u don't have stock for the material in the warehouse which you received as a part of inbound delivery

former_member318507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

After you do VL09, the stocks gets removed from the MMBE & LS24 screen completely both for successful & failure case.

Materials with pre-existing stock:Successful Case

Afterb VL09 , From Cancel Material document TR has been created , then TR toTO.

source : 011- bin- XXXXX

destin:   902- bin -PO #

@ this point even if you check the stock in LS24, there is no stock exist in 902 ST.

Then  LT0G is successful, TO created has source bin & destination bin are same.

ie 011-bin-XXXXX

Material without pre-existing stock(Zero stock) : Cannot perform LT0G as looks like STD SAP bug, as it cannot trace the quant.