cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional "Characteristics" fields in VL10* transactions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a request to include additional fields in the Delivery Due List report results (VL10* transactions).

I found solutions to add fields from "Transparent SAP Tables" in the VL10* through OSS notes : 198137 and 415716.

User Exits:

LV50R_VIEWG02

LV50R_VIEWG15

The SHP_VL10_ITEM is a standard SAP Structure available within R/3 - Substructure for List Display for Documents
Due for Shipment.

An append structure supposes to be created << ZASHP_VL10_ITEM >>

This structure is used for both list types:

VL10H

VL10F

However, the requirements are to add fields from "Sales Orders or Delivery item" Characteristics.

Question:

Is there a way to add the fields from "Characteristics" in the Delivery Due List?

If there is, could these changes impact the performance of the report?

Thank you

Eli

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

See also SAP Note 421791 - VL10: Including new fields in the shipping due date list.

Obviously, if you are doing SELECT you are doing more expensive the report. After you will do, run a trace or performance tools (ST05, SE30 and so on).

Create the append or include fields in your range (ZZ or YY). See SAP Note 16466 - Customer name range for SAP objects and populate them in the subroutines suggested by the former notes.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Eduardo,

I will take a look in this SAP Note as well.

Usually the Notes explains how to create an append in the structure to add new fields "Standard" or "Z" fields ... but in my case I just have the Characteristic in the Sales Order, and as I understood, I could add a "Z" field and populate this field adding a logic to get Characteristic values from SO ... but this logic usually is not friendly, and even using the FM to get characteristics usually give us performance issue.

I will check it out.

Thanks

Eli

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please, see note 917987 - General performance in variant configuration. I believe it will help you to do a performance tuning in your userexit.

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Eduardo.

I will take a look in this Note for sure in order to add it to the FS.

Best regards

Elisandra

Answers (0)