cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCM Object Selection - can not select anything?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm trying to get through the HCM document for TDMS and I'm completely stuck at the moment.

In the phase "Assign Objects to a selection ID", if I carry out the same option as in the examples, I receive NO output at all. Even if I put the selection criteria less than in the examples, downgrading it even to the minimum (let's say I only select Object Type, Object ID and Plan version) I see no output, whatever I choose as object type.

When I take a look to the HR tables, I see the data.

What can be the cause of this?

Am I doing something wrong?

Somebody an idea around this?

TDMS 4.0 SP 6 installed in all involved systems.

Thanks!

Johnny Ramaekers

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both, you helped my a lot.

I was trying to select PD data while there is none available.

I changed the scenario to PA only and now it's working.

Cheers,

Johnny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonny,

Have a look at the SCN document for more information on creation of selection ID: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-50856

However, this step is optional. You could also enter the criteria for selection in the activity: "Identify Objects for Transfer and Start Data Selection".

Regards,

Rishav Surana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishav,

The SCN document is the one I was following, without success.

If I skip this and go to the next one, I cannot set any criteria in the 'Identify Objects for Transfer and Start Data Selection'. It simply gives me "The target range table contains no valid data for the object type P"

You use the V_CNVHCM_TARGETS view to make the appropriate target entries. You can do this in the customizing section of the TDMS4HCM process type. The relevant activity is Define User Target Areas

1. This view doesn't exist

2. Activity Define User Target Areas doesn't give a solution either.

Cheers,

Johnny

Former Member
0 Kudos

you need to maintain the target ranges using activity "define target area for users". for object type p enter the plan version as * and then try to execute selection again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Johny,

You could execute the activity "Configuration and Utilities in the control system". It would open up SPRO where you could execute "Define Target Range". This will help you define the target range for the objects to be transferred. Refer the HCM guide at http://help.sap.com/saptdm40 for more information on configuration of target Ranges.

Could you also share screenshots of the activities performed by you for creation of selection ID? Also, do you have HCM authorizations in the system to read PA/PD data?

Regards,

Rishav Surana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I do this in my Control system, I receive the same error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johnny,

just cross check once by putting the same filter criteria at table level in sender system and see if data really exists for that crieteria....also check activity logs in extended process monitor, there could be a hint for the issue...

thanks