Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

How do I create and new enterprise alias?

I am trying to create an enterprise alias as a proof of concept to address the issue we had about 8 months ago which I described in the following thread.

Terminated employee's personal reports are gone. Forever?

We are not won BI 4.1 SP01 Patch 6.

I create new users in our system by having them added to an active directory group and then I do an update of Windows AD in the Authentication section of the CMC.

Can someone explain this section to me?

I have read the admin guide corresponding to this, but I am still not sure what to do.  I have 250 users that do not have enterprise aliases.  So I would like to know how to create an enterprise alias for existing users.  When I try to create a new alias I get this error message.  I don't see a contradiction.  This looks like a bug to me.

I would also like to know how to have them automatically created going forward for new users if possible.

Thanks,

Noel

Tags:
Former Member replied

You can use SDK to create enterprise aliases, if you want to automate. Above First screenshot applies to only for AD.

Since you already have AD user in the system, don't select 'user must change the password at logon' while creating enterprise alias.

1 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question