cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Metadata Integrator not showing relationships

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are having Information Steward version 14.2.1.220 and we ran the JDBC driver version for Oracle database is 11.2.0.1.0.

It ran successfully but dint collect the relationships(impact, lineage etc).

Here I have attached the log file.

Can anyone please provide the solution?

Thanks and Regards,

Bhagyashri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Thanks a lot for your valuable reply...

Thanks and Regards,

Bhagyashri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Data is loaded through Procedures.

Thanks and Regards,

Bhagyashri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm, now got it.

The current version of Information Steward has no functionality to parse the database procedures, so you wouldn't get the relationships defined inside procedures. SAP is planning to support this functionality in future versions.

Thanks,

Ramakrishna Kamurthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Data is loaded from one table into another table (both with and without transformations).

So I am expecting that, it should show the impact and lineage relationships showing from which table data is loaded and into which table data is loaded.

Can you please provide the solution?

Thanks and Regards,

Bhagyashri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you explain, how the table is loaded, is through Procedure or from an ETL tool?

Thanks,

Ramakrishna Kamurthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the log file, it is clearly showing that you used Relational Database Integrator source. The log clearly shows that it collected all metadata and its relationships, i didn't see any error in the error log except for few objects. Another error is related JDBC drivers (like not certified), which can be ignorable. Could you explain what impact and lineage relationships you are expecting from the metadata, so that will help to find the root cause and understand the issue in detail.

Thanks,

Ramakrishna Kamurthy