Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System copy stuck on "Import ABAP" with "Invalid Migration Key"

sujit_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

I'm performing a system copy from AS400/DB2 (of our ECC DEV) to AIX/DB2. Export has been completed successfully, while importing it is stuck on the "Import ABAP" phase with error "Invalid Migration Key". However the key is generated with correct parameters only and even we have tried the key from SAP NOTE: 1768158 but of no use.

Below is brief about systems environment:

Source System

DB : DB/400 (Integrated DB with IBM i)

NW: NW 7.00 ( ECC 6.0 with SP11)

Target System

DB: DB2 10.1 with FP3

NW: NW 7.00 ( ECC 6.0 with SP11)

The process is being performed using SWPM SP05

Kindly find the test_MIGKEY.log for analysis and let me know if any ideas.

Thanks in advance,

SUJIT

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

v_veeramalla
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I found below error , are you doing this in distributed environment ?

Is source and target kernels are same ?

Found error in the log.

DbSl Trace: DbSlConnect to 'ECT' as 'sapect' failed

(DB) ERROR: db_connect rc = 256

DbSl Trace: DbSlConnect to 'ECT' as 'sapect' failed

(DB) ERROR: DbSlErrorMsg rc = 29

ERROR: invalid migration keybut the system wrote other errors instead, for example, (DB) ERROR: db_connect rc = 256, this does not involve an incorrect migration key.  The errors should refer here to the actual cause (for example, the connect to the DB does not work). In this case, first check the database connect with the command <Z2 R3trans -x or R3load -testconnect, that must be executed as <sid>adm.Also make sure that the R3load that is used during the export and import has the same kernel release (for example, 7.00). You can check the relevant version of the R3load using 'R3load -version'.

===================

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member184548
Participant
0 Kudos

You can try  to upgrade your kernel on your source system as now migration keys will not require for latest kernels.

For details pls see 816861 - Migration of entries in secure storage

Thanks

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm also facing same problem in Import ABAP Phase,

Error Message: " The migration key for a heterogeneous system copy is wrong. SOLUTION: Enter a valid migration key."

Source System: OS/400

DB: DB2 UDB for Iseries, 7.1

SAP: Solman 7.1

Target System: Linux 6

DB: DB2 LUM 10.1

SAP: Solman 7.1

Also I tried with “1G5fdEM50DwIrBzjt6TE5Pae ” (valid until 31/DEC/14) Key which is available in 1768158 (1768158 - System Copy of Systems Based on SAP NW 7.0 / 7.0 EHP 1-3 ) SAP note, but no luck.

Regards,

Vino

sujit_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

The issue still persists, any further ideas please.

Best regards,

Sujit

pavan_anjimeti
Participant
0 Kudos

seems to be you have used "l" instead of "I". can you please cross check this " DwIrBzj "

Please copy to note pad and check the Difference.

SAP Note:1738258

ABAP import fails with 'invalid migration key'

The ABAP import aborts when checking the migration key. In the logfile test_MIGKEY.log the following error message appears:  ERROR: invalid migration key

Prerequisites:

The source system has already installed a new, digitally signed SAP license. You can check this by calling transaction SLICENSE: The licens is only displayed when you click on the 'New Licenses' button.

Solution:

Use the following migration key (valid until 31/DEC/14):

1G5fdEM50DwIrBzjt6TE5Pae

Regards,

Pavan

Akashcm10
Explorer
0 Kudos

Please check in the log as it is saying HOST NAME is unknown. Are you installing it in a distributed environment, if yes, then you need to specify virtual host name which should be resolvable with the DNS. in the log it is showing node names but not the host name.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Krishna Prasad

sujit_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Its not distributed, As far the "HOST NAME is unknown"  is concerned where ever the Host name entry is required its populated i.e /etc/hosts

Any idea specific to AIX environment where else I can look for the same. Any environment variables required ?

Thanks for your help,

SUJIT

v_veeramalla
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Have you checked this note :

1519000 - ERROR: invalid migration key

Other source for error might with kernel

//Venkat V

sujit_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Venkat,

I've gone through that note, no help.

Regards-Sujit

former_member215961
Contributor
0 Kudos

ABAP import fails with 'invalid migration key'

The ABAP import aborts when checking the migration key. In the logfile test_MIGKEY.log the following error message appears:

ERROR: invalid migration key

Prerequisites:

The source system has already installed a new, digitally signed SAP license. You can check this by calling transaction SLICENSE: The license is only displayed when you click on the 'New Licenses' button.

Solution:

Use the following migration key (valid until 31/DEC/13):

1G5fdEM50DaIrBzjt6TE5Pae - See more at: http://www.stechno.net/sap-notes.html?view=sapnote&id=970518#sthash.DI5Qy69e.dpuf

sujit_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sargan MC & Joshua Lacroix,

Many thanks for your kind replies, I've tried that key too, I had that old note in my computer. If you see the log you can find the keys that I've used from Note i.e. 1G5fdEM50DaIrBzjt6TE5Pae, 1G5fdEM50DwlrBzjt6TE5Pae and the other key which was generated from SMP.

Any other ideas ?

Thanks for the help !

SUJIT

former_member215961
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check the similar post:

especially the sap note 970518 .

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had a similiar issue and this note helped me. 970518

I tried finding it and seems SAP closed it.

Google it, you might find a copy of it.