Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to activate the Transports objects

former_member399424
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have some transport objects which we need to activate before releasing the TR, When ever i try activating the objects i get a message as "There is an inactive version of object " and there is no any syntax error as well so request you to help me out in resolving this issue.

Thanks,

Farooq

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Need to check with your seniors so that access for the particular T-code can be provided to you.

Regards

NS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check the object is activated in SU03 -> Authorization -> Activate.

Regards

NS

former_member399424
Participant
0 Kudos

No Access for SU03 T- code in Development system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As per the error message as "There is an inactive version of object

You need to  delete all the inactive objects in a transport Request.

Below is the option you can use:

Goto SE10 --> Select the Transport --> From the Menu Bar, select Request / Task --> Complete Check --> Display Inactive Objects.

Finally you will get the list of all objects in that request so you can check which one are inactive and delete.

Regards

NS

former_member399424
Participant
0 Kudos

Neha,

Its not the question of deleting the Inactive object its about how do we activate the object whose Inactive version exist,

Regards,

Farooq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Farooq,

Follow the steps provided by Neha, you'll get  Inactive objects in Task or Request: Reqestno popup window. In that just click on Activate icon.

Thanks

KH

former_member399424
Participant
0 Kudos

Hawkins,

I tried the option you have mentioned above but was not successful in activating the objects..

Regards,

Farooq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you provide snapshot of the screen?.

Thanks

KH

former_member399424
Participant
0 Kudos

Hawkins,

When i hit on the active button i don't see any message getting displayed and the object remains as Inactive itself

Thanks,

Farooq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the Tool by using Transaction : SE03. This will help you work with a lot of inactive objects at a time and can also repair them.

Thanks

KH

jay_dalwadi
Participant
0 Kudos

i have face this type of problem. go to se80.

then give your program name and right click and active your program.

your problem will solve.

jyothi_anagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Farooq,

Usually it will not give the error when you are trying to activate the object which is added to the TR. It might be issue with something else. Please try these.

As per the error "There is inactive version of Object" , Please follow the below steps.

1. Please check your Changelist. If you could see anything in Changelist activate them.
  2. Goto PI Homepage and goto Administration Tab and check the Lock objects. If you see any objects locked with your User, Unlock them and try to activate your changes.
  3. Check your Object version whether it is (Active,InActive or some number (1,2,.3..etc)
  4. If these are not working go to your change list and reject the changes(If changes are small) and redo the changes for the object and do the comlete check and activate them.

Please let me know if you need more details.

Thanks

Joe.

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jyothi,

usually it is because the object is locked and needs to be unlocked to be activated and the steps to be followed as outlined already by you should be followed to resolve this issue. Have they been implemented?

Ambrish

former_member399424
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jyothi/ Experts,

Thanks for your time.

Security team have implemented some SAP note on PI Dev system and they are unable to release the Workbench TR as some objects are Inactive, So they asked us to activate using the access key for which we are facing the issue, Objects Involves some Classes and functional modules. I tried activating the objects going to SE80 & using many more methods but every time i get the message as "There is inactive version of Object exist". Let me know if there is any other means to activate them.

Regards,

Farooq

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

>> We have some transport objects which we need to activate before releasing the TR

what does it means?

reg,

avi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed, try t unlock the object in RuntimeWorkbeanch

Regards