Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to align footer in Adobe form

Piyushmatrixs
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I required your urgent help for my development. I made a adobe form for customer ledger. Form is divided in 3 parts as shown in below image:

Header sub form will print on each page if form is more than one page. Then Body will grow to multiple page according data. Next is footer, it will print on last page (either last page is 1st or 4th page) positioned bottom. The problem is that in some situation. Like it prints Header, then prints body sub-form for open item. It grow according data. suppose that open item end on second page then footer should be placed on second page at bottom aligned. Footer sub-form is 2 inches( or 10-12 rows) in height. It should be checked that after end of body subform how much space is available. if there enough space for footer to be print then footer will print on same page other wise it will create one more page, at top of that page will print header sub-form and then at bottom aligned footer sub-form (there would be blank space between header and footer).

How to do that. Your help would be appreciate.

Please reply asap.

Thanks and Regards

Piyush Kumar

8 REPLIES 8

asim_isik
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush ,

Make your header in master page and in master page take the line for design to down where your master finishes .. See the pink line in picture

and in design make a table in that pink line with footer

0 Kudos

Hello Asim,

May be you did not get me.  Table will auto increas row depending on data. We can not fix it's row. Second thing if table have only 2 records then (according what you did) footer will place just below table end. It will not align footer at bottom Margin.So there would be space between Footer and bottom margin.

I have to do that it first get how much space is available after table (body subform), if there is 10-12 lines space available then it will print the footer. If there is no much space then it will create one more page and at that page header (sub-form) would be align at top margin and footer (subform) would be align at bottom margin. There would not be any blank table.

condition:1

Header Subform

Table subform

Footer at same page align bottom margin (if enough space)

===================================================

Condition : 2

Header Subform

Table subform

if no enough space for footer then  go to additional next page

and create page like below:

Header Subform

space

space

Footer Subform (align at bottom margin)

Thanks

Piyush

sandeep_katoch
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush,

Its very simple. Just create footer in master page and in the script check for

$.nextpage = 0

Set property

$.presence = visible.

Regards,

Sandeep Katoch

0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,

May be you did not get me. What you did is only decide presence on last page. But you should have a look at below details.

Table will auto increas row depending on data. We can not fix it's row. Second thing if table have only 2 records then footer will place just below table end. It will not align footer at bottom Margin.So there would be space between Footer and bottom margin.

I have to do that it first get how much space is available after table (body subform), if there is 10-12 lines space available then it will print the footer. If there is no much space then it will create one more page and at that page header (sub-form) would be align at top margin and footer (subform) would be align at bottom margin. There would not be any blank table.

Header Subform

Table subform

Footer at same page align bottom margin (if enough space)

Header Subform

Table subform

if no enough space for footer then  go to additional next page

and create page like below:

Header Subform

space

space

Footer Subform (align at bottom margin)

Thanks

Piyush

sreeramkumar_madisetty
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Just an idea.

Place footer in master page and try with

$.nextpage = 0 for that footer folder so that it will call the next page for footer .

Thanks,

Sreeram

0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please tell me the way to check that how much space (lines) available at current page, because if there is enough space then I don't require one more page for footer( with header), but if there is not enough space then we need to call one more page.

I want to know the way to calculate the space and place the footer on same page if there is space, or calculate the space and call one more page to place footer with header.

Thanks

Piyush

Piyushmatrixs
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am describing it little more.

Table will auto increas row depending on data. We can not fix it's row. Second thing if table have only 2 records then footer will place just below table end. It will not align footer at bottom Margin.So there would be space between Footer and bottom margin.

Header Subform                                                                   |

|

Table subform                                                                      |

|

Footer at same page align bottom margin (if enough space)     |

Header Subform                                                                   |

|

Table subform                                                                     |

|

if no enough space for footer then  go to additional next page  |

and create page like below:                                                 |

___________________________________________________|

Header Subform                                          |

|

space                                                        |

space                                                        |

|

Footer Subform (align at bottom margin)       |

_____________________________________|

Thanks

Piyush

0 Kudos

Piyush,

you have to check the conditions of footer subform and in case of overflow you need to check put on next page.

Subform properties will itself decide how much space is needed for footer and if thet is increasing with help of properties it will go to next page automatically.

Regards,

Sandeep Katoch