cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO Universe on BeX Query in Lumira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement of accessing a BeX query in Lumira and do visualizations on it. As Lumira is not capable of accessing BeX query directly, I think, I would need to create a universe on InfoCube, for that BeX query, and then consume that universe in Lumira. Thereafter, I would need to create different datasets for different queries.

Now, I have two questions:

1. Is this approach correct? Is there any other more efficient methos than this?

2. Can I create a universe on BeX query directly? Is it possible?

When I'm following first approach (universe on InfoCube using IDT) and trying to consume that universe in Lumira, I am getting below error:

And when I'm following 2nd approach (universe on BeX query using UDT), I am not able to view that .unv in List of Available universes in Lumira.

Please help.

Thanks Much,

Purnima

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Explanation on the error you faced:

The data acquisition of medium-large, large, and very large datasets from UNV or UNX universes is not supported on default installations of both SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platforms 4.0 and 4.1.

It is recommended for customers that want to acquire such datasets to install a SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform (SAP BIP) server dedicated to SAP Lumira and significantly increase the value of the Maximum Character Stream Size of the Web Intelligence Processing Server on that particular server. Note that increasing this value on a running SAP BIP server can impact the memory consumption and performance of any BI clients tool running on that installation, particularly Web Intelligence. While this practice is not formally discouraged, we advise customers implementing this solution that they might face memory consumption increases and longer document data refreshes so they will need to monitor the SAP BIP server's behavior adequately to control the impacts.

Can you try to place some filters to limit the data volume retrieved?

Best regards

Antoine

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks much Antoine and Tammy. Will try configuring Maximum Character Stream Size of the Web Intelligence Processing Server on my BO Server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I configured this parameter and it worked for me. Thanks Much.

Another question if you can please help, is it possible to create a universe on top of BW BeX query in IDT 4.1 and consume that universe in Lumira 1.15 ?

Thanks Much,

Purnima

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unfortunately not. IDT does not support the creation of universes on top of Bex Queries.

Regards

Antoine

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is not possible today with Lumira.

You can create a universe against a BW InfoProvider (BI4.x) and then use Lumira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tammy for your reply. So the only way I'm left with is creating a BO universe on top of BW Infocube using IDT and then consume that universe in Lumira. And for different queries, I need to create different dataset. Is that correct?

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes - this is the situation today