cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No roll storage space of length 2352 available for OCCURS area : Error in SAP Service Manager 4.0

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing one issue while downloading Service Orders in SAP Service Manager 4.0 with SMP 2.3 SP03

I am working in the development environment where I have 15 - 20 Service Orders. When I am transmitting the client it downloads the rest of the configurations properly like complex tables, data tables, rules, screens etc but as soon as it hits /SMCRM/BTX_DOSERVICEORD_GET it does not downloads anything. I get a session time out error and then the ATE gets crashed.

I checked in the logs where I found -

throwExceptionToClient::com.syclo.sap.component.serviceorder.steplet.ServiceOrderFetchSteplet::throwExceptionToClient::285::ServiceOrderFetchSteplet - No roll storage space of length 2352 available for OCCURS area.

2014/05/13 14:04:12.082:  ServiceOrderFetchSteplet: doSteplet returned false; no data to process

As I said its in the development environment it has hardly 15 - 20 Service Orders but when checked with the basis team it is consuming all the 65GB RAM and hence could not proceed further.

Please let me know what could be the possible error and how can I fix this.

Please advise.

Thanks and Regards

Neha Mahanty

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Neha,

Only 15-20 service orders, but how much data on those orders?  SM 4.0 brings down potentially a lot of data per service order, including:

Addresses,

Business Partners,

Categorizations,

Confirmations (and all the data under those),

History Records (There can be a lot of those),

Items,

Reference Objects (This could be a huge installed base).

You may need to debug the java and adjust what data is pulled down and/or examine the Service Orders to see where the bottle-neck is.  You should also increase the timeouts in your Agentry.ini file.  Those settings are in seconds.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Thanks , your suggestion worked it space issue which was causing this error.

Thanks and Regards

Neha Mahanty

Answers (0)