Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stratagies for gATP

prasnop
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Could anyone tell does these strategies 50, 52, 60, 62,  63, 74 supports to CTP in gATP?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prasnop
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I red that requirements strategy Planning without final assembly is not possible for CTP process in gATP. Would it be possible to use these strategy 50, 60, 52, 63, 74. for CTP process. I hope these strategies are supported only to PIR(check against forecast). What would be the best strategy for CTP in APO if Planning without final assembly is not possible for CTP.

THANKS,

prasnop
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Can any one help in this thread?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

you can use Make_To_Order  (20) . it works with CTP .

BR

Love

prasnop
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Love,

Does these strategies 50, 52, 60, 62,  63, 74 supports to CTP in gATP?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Are you working with sales order or forecasts ??

prasnop
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Love Singh,

I am working with sales order.

What would be the impact if I work with forecast.

I hope these strategies 50, 52, 60, 62,  63, 74 are support to only 'Check against forecast' and do not support to CTP in gATP.

Please correct If I am wrong in this context. Thanks,

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If you working with sales orders then Strategy (50) should work . For the impact first you need to understand the difference between Planning with final Assembly and planning without final Assembly .

For strategy 40 (planning with final assembly )

"Planned independent requirements are consumed by incoming sales orders so that the master plan is always adjusted to suit the current requirements situation. This means that the important feature of this planning strategy is that you can react quickly to customers’ requirements. The smoothing of the master plan is less important."

For strategy 50 (planning without final assembly )

"you should use strategy 50 if production is unique for each and every customer; in other words, it is not possible to change the stock for different sales orders. "

But that's relevant  from a  planning point of view  . CTP is generally used for production via ATP (calling PP/DS during an ATP check ). This settings can be maintained in check instructions . Which will be defined by Strategy Group -> Strategy -> requirement class -> CIF to APO -> Check Instruction . As long as you have maintained PP/DS and ATP relevant settings in APO , CTP should work . How cutomer requirements consumes forecasts is a different matter . 

Hope this helps .

prasnop
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Love,

I red one note that Planning without final assembly does not support to CTP process in gATP.

Just I want to know are these below strategies support to CTP or not?

50    Planning without final assembly 

52    Plng w/o final assem. w/o make-to.order

60    Planning with planning material

63    Planning w.plng material w/o mke-to-ord.

74    Plng at assembly lvl w/o final assembly

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prasnop,

Please provide a link to the note to which you refer.  For standard CTP, ECC strategies are irrelevant; planning is done in SCM.

Best Regards,

DB49

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you should understand the definition of planning strategies before asking general questions.    As Love Singh pointed out, APO will not differentiate between planning w/ final assembly and planning w/o final assembly.

So what are you trying to determine.   There are more planning strategies than those listed.  

prasnop
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi DB,

Please find below link-

Capable-to-Promise (CTP) in PP/DS - SAP Library

Under - Constraints - 3rd point from last- Use of the planning scenario Planning without final assembly not possible

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prasnop,

This link is an SCM link, not an ECC link.

If you continue to read your link, and then jump to the additional explanation,

Functional Limitations in the CTP Process - Capable-to-Promise (CTP) in PP/DS - SAP Library

it explains in detail the technical constraints concerning CTP and  'planning without final assembly'.  Here they are talking about the SCM 'Requirements Strategy', and not the ECC Planning Strategy, which happens to have a similar name.

Best Regards,

DB49

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry to ask a stupid question, but what if you never cancel a sales order, will CTP work with planning w/o final assembly or is it hard coded to ignore/not work with that planning strategy.   What happens if you have planning w/o final assembly, will CTP just not be triggered.  

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kenneth,

There is no such thing as a stupid question.

I have never experimented with your scenario.  In general, when I read in SAP Help that a solution is not supported, I don't pursue it any further; unless I have have a specific business requirement from the users that can only be solved using the unsupported functionality. I have never been asked to pursue such a solution for this particular scenario.

I would think that if you are curious, it would be a simple matter to set up a scenario in a sandbox and try for yourself.  If you do this, please let us know your findings.

Best Regards,

DB49

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prasnop,

To the best of my knowledge, CTP is controlled more at Check Mode level right ? The relevant Check instructions should drive the CTP settings. Could you be bit more precise in asking about the relevance of the strategies.

Babu Kilari