Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ocean Freight booking number from freight order - SAP TM

puneetsabharwal
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have a requirement to display Freight Booking Number on Adobe form (copy of standard SAP TM Form /SCMTMS/FP_FBL).

{ Steps to execute the form:- Go to NWBC - Freight Order Management - Edit Freight Order - Output Management - Generate List of Actions (Custom Action is configured here) - Document preview to open the form }

For the ocean freight order I need to display Ocean freight booking number on the form. Now on the print structure of the Form '/SCMTMS/S_PRINTOUT_FBL' only the existing document (ie freight order) related information is available not for the predecessor or successor documents.

I have found that these 2 documents (freight order & freight booking ) are related to freight unit (in my case ocean dry container) but I am unable to identify how they are directly related to each other in the system. Checked below link but still cant find any relation.

(Pick-up and Delivery Freight Orders - Freight Order Management - SAP Library)

Is there any way I can identify the freight booking number from freight order in SAP TM system?

Thanks in advance.

Puneet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Clark_Huang
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Puneet,

Please use the association "DRAYTOR_BOOK" in freight order.

Or get the freight bookin number from document flow of freight order.

Best Regards

Clark Huang

puneetsabharwal
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Clark,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Actually I am new to SAP TM. Can you please share any document, which explains how to use Association to retrieve data or is there any T code where I can check the same?

I checked the document flow on the portal and i can navigate from freight order to freight unit (ocean container) by predecessor business documents and then from freight unit to freight booking number by successor business documents.

Is there any way i can check the same in the SAP TM system as well (via some tables or T codes)?

Regards,

Puneet

Clark_Huang
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Puneet,

TM system use the BOPF for database.

The blog is good for the beginner.

You can find the retrieve data logic in it.

Best Regards

Clark Huang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clark,

Where do you find the association that you mentioned in the table structure in BOPF framework.  We have not been able to locate it.

Thanks,

Matthew Dana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, what table is used in BOPF for document flow reference for a freight order / booking?  I would appreciate it if someone shared that table name if they know it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

you can find associations DRAYAGE_TOR (from booking to freight order(s)) and DRAYTOR_BOOK (from freight order to booking) under the ROOT node of business object /SCMTMS/TOR. If you check those in TA /BOBF/CONF_UI, you can also have a look at the corresponding implementing classes - however, there should be no need to do this

Technically, the references are stored on ITEM_TR level, but as determining the correct references can be tricky, I would strongly recommend to use the above mentioned associations in order to get the pre-carriage order (or booking vice versa), instead of trying to determine them on your own from various DB tables - we already implemented the tricky part in the associations, so there is no need for you to worry about that

Best regards,

Sabine