cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIC Deductions to be added in Chapter 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts ,

Need your help for a new requirement again !!

i am not sure whether my requirement is weird but , want to know whether it is possible

There are few employees from whose salary a LIC deduction is made and the client wants the the LIC deduction W.T to be automatically be covered under chapter 6 exemption. and all statutory configurations should be working as if it was saved in IT 586 .

Hope i am clear with my requirements , experts ?

kindly give me your valuable advise .

Thanks

Arun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

It should automatically cover.. Just mention the LIC amount in IT0586 under Proposed Investment first & finally go for simulation...

Chapter 6 should be displayed with respective amount ....

After checking you can enter the amount under Actual Investment & finally click on "Consider Actual investment for Tax Rebate"... finally check the output,,,

Regards,

Veeram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veeram

Thanks for your speedy response ,

your solution is infact an ideal one

but,  the client wants it automatic and does not want to manually enter in IT586. idea behind this is , the client does not want to sit calculating proposed or actual contribution as such. 

There fore when an employee starts making contribution to LIC , which is entered in IT 14 , then that W.T should automatically taken by system in chapter 6.  so is ther any solution ?

Hope my requirement is clear

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,,

In your case if an employee is making entry in IT 0014 & you want that amount to be an actual amount...

I m not sure but this requirement may be achieved by user exit... You can consult ABAPer... Not sure about any standard setting for the same...:-)

The main point is how would be figure out whether proposed amount is correctly mentioned or not...

For this you may need to check attached bills, receipts & other supporting documents etc...which is collected at the end of financial year...

If you there is change in projection in mid year or any deviation during financial year ... You may need to update that info.type to carry the updated effect...

Also it is not necessary that projected amount is always same a actual amount......

Regards,

Veeram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veeram

Thanks for your detailed and analytical views on my requirement.

Well if you think i can get it done from abapaer , then where exactly i can ask the abaper to specifically lok into ?

yes as you said , if there is mid year change in contribtuion , it would be probably be difficult to project it i guess.

well .. cant it happen that what ever the contribution is made by the EE at the begining of the financial year , that itself is projected and considered as actual contribution ?  and any change in contribution mid year is recalculated by system ? is this possible ? plz advise

Thank you

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

well .. cant it happen that what ever the contribution is made by the EE at the begining of the financial year , that itself is projected and considered as actual contribution ?

This is very much possible i guess....

and any change in contribution mid year is recalculated by system ? is this possible ? plz advise

this may be possible but as you know.. you can only modify IT586... but cant create a new one in same financial year....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veeram,

Thanks for replying.

well what you think i should be doing den ? i mean should i try if my clients requirement will wrk ?

if yes plz guide me how to go about it.

if not then i can suggest my client to follow the std way of mainitng IT 586 itself..

Thank you

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

To be very honest I am more a functional consultant who knows little bit ABAP.... I would suggest you to consult an ABAPer in your organization.. or open a new thread in ABAP section... mentioning your requirement that..

You want an amount added in IT0014 to copied & saved in another infotype IT586... Also if we go for any changes with that infotype in IT0014.. same effect should be reflected in IT586....

Regards,

Veeram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veeram ,

Thank you for your suggestion.

I shall give it a try at ABAP section and see .

Thank u once again for your consistent follow up for my issue ..

Regards

Arun