cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Golden Client Copy Required for New Development server in same Landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a doubt with my client requirement.

Its they have a landscape in TN on a/x os and oracle db.They have acquired a new company in AP for that company they are building a landscape in TN in which they need the TN golden client to be copied to AP development server.

Weather i need to do a system copy or an remote client copy of the golden client.

Kindly please guide me .

Thanks & regards

M.Vengal Rao

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not a system copy but client copy.

if its a local client copy (from same SID) then use sccl and for remote client copy use SCC9.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

Thank all for your guidance i have completed the task by doing a system copy.

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

If your need is to create a new development system for a new landscape I think the system copy is the only solution. Client copy does only include client dependent customizing & application data, thus you will miss all the repository objects (specific programs, customer tables...). 

Has some activities (custo / dev) already be performed on the target/new system  ?

Does it has the same support package level as the source ?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

If only one client (golden client) out of all the clients at source system is to be copied then better go with a remote client copy.

System copy copies everything (all the clients) from source system to target system. If you want to have all the source clients into the target system then go for system copy.

Thank you.