cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI7.3 ABAP Proxy to PI - Cannot Determine Respository Version

former_member183909
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We have just moved our ECC box where the DB and APP server were the same.  It seems now that since ECC box has a different DB and APP server the determination of a ESR repository fails.  The SAP PI SLD for the ECC DEV business system points to the new technical system  - this should have been enough for the connection still to work.
Do you think the fact that ECC now has different DB and APP server this could be the cause ?

There are 2 ECC http SM59 destinations required for the ECC transaction SPROXY to work
            PI_AAE
            SAP_PROXY_ESR
Both of these connect OK

The ECC transaction SLDCHECK and RZ70 both work and connect to the SLD and return the correct response.

However

The ECC transaction SPROXY gets error

The ECC programs SPROX_CHECK_IFR_RESPONSE and SPROX_CHECK_IFR_ADDRESS both indicate "Cannot Determine Respository Version" and "An error has occurred during communication with ESR"

The SLD has been restarted and CPACache refreshed too. Not sure what else to try.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member183909
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have solved it.  I am still puzzled as to why I needed to do this as it was working on my own SAP PI userid before we moved our SAP ECC box.

The solution was to use userid PIAPPL<SAP PI sid> to connect from ECC to PI via SM59 destination SAP_PROXY_ESR.

somil_gulati
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jonny,

Have you checked Integration engine configuration data in the T-code SXMB_ADM in SAP ECC.

There the corresponding integration server should point to the correct RFC destination of Type H.

Regards,

Somil

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Somil,

SXMB_ADM: this is only for Runtime (integration server connection), not for SPROXY (repository connection).

/Udo

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonny,

check out Administration / Aii Properties.

com.sap.aii.conect.respository - parameter values might be wrong

/Udo