cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doc type customization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have around 30 doc types to be customized with basic settings, object links and statuses. Manual process will take time.

Is there any standard report and any import functionality available to download the data from one system and upload it in another system?

I want the doc type data  with object links and status. Kindly let me know whether is it possible? Thanks!!

Regards,

Saravana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandu,

We were analysing many ways to optimize the task. But due to dependency tables, name spaces restrictions. We opt for manual entries.... Anyways, thanks for your suggestion!!

Regards,

Saravana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thanks for your replies!!! Atlast, We did manually...

Regards,

Saravana

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saravana,

Earlier i told you to create again on new system which is not a part of 3 system landscape.  Good  you came to know that  finally.

Please close the thread.

Reagrds,

chandu.

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Saravana,

I think that moving the document type settings by transport request will be the best option. The main data of the document types are stored in tables TDWA. Please note that also other tables are involved for handling document status data, object type data, etc. for each document type.

Best regards,

Christoph

former_member213716
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it is regarding the Transfer of Config Setting then yes , it is possible to transfer the config setting of one SAP system to other SAP system, as we had already done the same.

We had done all our DMS config in Our System , since Client Data Server was not ready at that time and moved all Transport request into Client Server once they ready with there server.

Only few things need to check at Basis End. for that you have to consult with your Basis Consultant. 

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Saravana Kumar,

I didn't understand your quiry . you mean DEV to QLY?

Regards,

chandu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope.... It's completely a different system......

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saravana,

Sorry we cannot copy and upload configuration settings. Do the same thing on new system.

Regards,

chandu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think, you can move all config on one SAP system to another via TR. As I know both SAP system must be of same version and patch no, for moving TRs. You should discuss with your basis team. I am sure, they can help you out.

Regards

Shishir