cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in deleting the archived IDOCs using SARA & RSEXARCD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We are archiving the IDOCS using SARA or RSEXARCA. But facing issues while deleting the archived idocs using SARA or RSEXARCD

Issue with RSEXARCD ((using sa38)):

Unable to select all the files of one session at one shot and it leads to huge amount of manual work. Is there any alternate way or program to select all files of one session in one go? Is there any way to control the no of files under one session?

Unable to delete the archived IDOCs using SARA:

Unable to delete the archived IDOCs using SARA transaction. Job log shows its successfully deleted. But actually the IDOCs are not getting deleted and again it shows in the SARA.

But using SARA I can select all the files of one session in one go while deleting.

Please advise to rectify this issue. Looking forward for the replies.

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member243831
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Narasimha,

The issue seems to be that the entries are not being deleted. You will need to check the customizing in AOBJ for the Production Mode Variant and this should be set to SAP&PROD. This might have been set to TEST in your case so there is no actual deletion.

Regards,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I faced the same issue when starting the delete job from SARA.

According to the spools it indicated that it was running in Test mode despite that I had not checked the Test mode checkbox in SARA.

I checked this deeper by analyzing the code and could see that Test mode checkbox controls (though table ARCH_USER) which variant that should be used in program RSEXARCD.

I the customizing I had SAP_2 as Test mode variant and SAP_1 as Live mode variant as settings for Delete program. Looked fine so far, but then I checked the actual variant settings and realized that both of them had the Test mode field set to 'X'. E.g. both variants was running RSEXARCD in test mode.

By correcting the Live mode variant it will delete the Idocs.

Hope it helps someone at least.

Best Regards

Jonas Marcusson