cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP 2.3 Session invalidated, different IP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, please give some comments.

We have SMP 2.3 server with application running. We use vpn connection to connect from testing mobile devices via any WIFI network to our SMP server.

The issue is when suddenly vpn connection stops and then reconnects, vpn server gives some different IP address to that device and SMP server invalidates the session with error:

[com.sybase.djc.server.jetty.SybSessionHandler]Session with session ID = 1fou7vrm82h3w was invalidated because the IP address where it was created does not match the current IP address.

And after that application cannot connect to smp server.

Is there any way to disable session invalidation for this reason? Or any other way to overcome such behavior?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

j_raymakers
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mikhail,

We are facing exactly the same issue.
Question: were you able to solve this issue and how?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Jacco Raymakers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry bro, I can't rememeber exactly.

Here's some pieces of information I was using:

the web module in SMP responsible for handling connections and requests is Jetty.

The default configuration file for Jetty is jetty.xml, typically located at $JETTY_HOME/etc/jetty.xml.

I might found that config file an tried to modify it in order to correct IP validation.

also here's:

Checklist for troubleshooting an unresponsive SUP and SMP 2.X servers

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SAPMOB/Checklist+for+troubleshooting+an+unresponsive+SUP+and+SM...

+ there's a way to access smp db and manually control and monitor connections to SMP -

run management utility located on SMP server here:

C:\SAP\MobilePlatform\Servers\SQLAnywhere12\BIN32 - scjview.exe

Hope it may help you.

j_raymakers
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mikhail,

Thanks for your quick reply.

But was the problem solved after changing / modifying the jetty.xml?

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Jacco Raymakers

Former Member
0 Kudos

no definite answer in my memory) , but this config file is a good way for investigation.