cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Connectivity with AS400 and OS390

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the recommendation when connecting to AS400 or OS390 systems to/from XI? I don’t think XI has a specific adapter for these applications. I would assume it would be through the standard file adapter or the JMS adapter.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

pansy_leung
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Lionel,

Would you pls. let me know how you make the call function worked in DB2 ? What do you mean about

"set on the attribute access the value {CALL LIBOBJ.SP ('p1','p2')}"

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had integrated AS400 systems using JT400 classes from IBM, in a different middleware. These classes also have JDBC drivers, which you can use in the JDBC adapter but I would suggest to write your own adapter using JT400 Direct Record access classes. These are much faster than JDBC.

Ofcourse, you can also use the JMS and file adatper as other option as well.

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KK,

i create and scenario R/3 <> (RFC)XI(JDBC)<>DB2. do you know how can i call a program on the DB2?

in java, i do it with statement call like this {call ARJDFALL.INY004 (p1,p2)}. When i put this on the action of the sctructure to call stored procedures give me an error message

com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException: Error processing request in sax parser: Error when executing statement for table/stored proc. 'CALL ARJDDFAL.INY004' (structure 'stored_procedure'): java.sql.SQLException: [Wall Data][RUMBA Data Access][XI]Syntax error or access violation. SQLSTATE = 42601 : Invalid character in an SQL statement. SQLCODE = -104 : Token ARJDDFAL was not valid. Valid tokens: <END-OF-STATEMENT>.

any idea?

thenaks

lionel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lionel,

check this :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/22/b4d13b633f7748b4d34f3191529946/frameset.htm

there you have the structure for a store procedure call

in statement5

in action you only put "EXECUTE" for store procedures

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rick,

thank you very much for your time, i allready make it works. I have to set on the attribute access the value

{CALL LIBOBJ.SP ('p1','p2')}

thank you

Lionel

former_member235553
Discoverer
0 Kudos

For OS/390, do you ever have to set or read the MQMD/MQIIH headers? This is in reference to using the MQ Series and IMS Bridge. We had some trouble with the JMS conversion modules rendering everything as strings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am just doing some high-level investigation at this point, so I am not sure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have AS/400 application for which there is no API or RFC available. All the application code was written in RPG and but the entire data is in DB2. Thus we are seriously considering writing to database directly using JDBC adapter.

Thanks

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

For AS400, we have used File based integration. The AS400 creates a flat file which is read by SAP XI File adapter and sent through regular processing.

For OS/390, we used the MQ adapter to retrieve messages sent by the application on OS/390. The JMS implementation for MQ allows XI to pick messages off the queue, and routed through regular processing.

Hope this helps.

-NW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

we are working on integration of a AS/400 with a SAP System. AS/400 will send the message in a queue but application is written in RPG. I think we can use JMS-adapter to pick up the message from Queue. But how can XI understand the RPG?

XI is integrated many adapters, but not one for RPG.

I am interested in your OS/390 experience. What kind of message format did you use?

Thank you very much.

JW