cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Mode Disabled in SAP GUI 7.30

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have installed SAP GUI 7.30 but find that the NEW / EDIT option is disabled on the SAP LOGON PAD. I checked and find that the process that runs is saplgpad.exe and not the saplogon.exe.

Can someone Pl. help in letting me know what I need to do so that I can add / change connection entries.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Find on your computer SAPLOGON.INI file

2. Open it and go to the section [LowSpeedConnection]

3. switch it off - putting 0 for each item

that was enough to activate the History

in case you need more details on how to affect connect -go here:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

As suggested by Dan, the path i provided to you was for Windows 7, there would be a different path for other OS versions. To modify your saplogon.ini file, you need to have administrator rights on your machine.

The default folder is the path I gave you which is standard, else check the path given in environment variable SAPLOGON_INI_FILE, this would give you the location.

To modify, open the file in text and Edit the entries, Add the IP of the server in the field in [Server], SID in field [Description] and Instance no. in [DB] field.

Then save and restart the SAPLOGON, you will see those entries.

Hope this helps!!!

AC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

You have installed sap log-on pad which is, as suggested by Jude, intended for End users. you can not add or delete system entries in that.

You can install the correct software knowing its GUI and not Log-on pad or you can edit your saplogon.ini file to add or delete system entries in your Log-on pad.

you can find the saplogon.ini in C:\Users\<your logon name>\AppData\Roaming\SAP\Common for Windows 7.

AC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amit. Can you tell me how to go about adding entry or modifying an existing one in the saplogon.ini file?

Also I notice in the GUI options that the SAPLOGON_INI_FILE has the setting "Environment Variable not set" and the type Connection has the Path set to a different directory for the saplogon.ini file.

So should the saplogon.ini file be in the AppData folder as mentioned by you or in the path that is shown in the GUI??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sunny,

Are you working with a corporate image for the desktop Operating System?  If you are working with Windows 7 and most likely the User Account Control (UAC) is probably still active.  The default location for the saplogon.ini for a first time SAP GUI 7.30 Client installation is C:\Users<your ID>\AppData\Roaming\SAP\Common.

Depending on your Desktop policies the AppData folder is treated as a hidden system file.

You can start the SAP Logon with a parameter like saplogon.exe /INI_FILE=C:\730\test\saplogon.ini or set up an environment variable, "SAPLOGON_INI_FILE"  and point to any location where you choose.

Typically if there is an existing saplogon.ini and this is an enterprise setting then the installation will inherit the location.  SAP has built features so that in an intranet setting many PC's could point one single network location within a particular Domain.  This makes administration much simpler when updating.

Cheers,

Dan Mead

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

It is a standard behaviour.

SAPLogon is for the application team where they will work on programs and functionalities.

SAPlgpad  is for business users who needs to work.For them no technical details is required.For them EDIT button is disabled.

Hope it will address your query.

Regards,

Kannan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Suny,

When u install saplogon pad, it must have executable present in some directory.

You can go to start---->open saplogon pad and right click it, you will find the properties tab. Find is the the same saplogon.exe present or saplgpad.exe present. The best way is to again install it.

let me know, if you still face any issue.

Regards,Dipak

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Sunny.

This is by design.

It's intended for end-users so that they are not able to delete or create their own entries.

As an administrator, you need to start saplogon.exe which has the rights to add/delete entries.

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jude,

How do I start saplogon.exe? I do not find it in the installation that I have done.