Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD to LMDB sync is not working

vijayapratap_bn
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi ,

i hvae upgraded my  ERP ECC6.0 EHP6 SYSTEM to EHP7 after upgrade when i checked in SOLUTION MANAGER (USING VERSION 7.1 SP12) LMDB ,,prodcut version is showing the previous release(EHP 6) .i deleted the system entry in LMDB under product systems and tried to re-sync the data from SLD using the report RLMDB_SYNC_TECHNICAL_SYSTEM  but no use ..

could you please some one help me how to sync it .and what is the procedure to sync data from SLD

vijayapratap

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182657
Active Contributor

Hi Vijay,

Are you getting any error after execution of the report and also share the inputs using while execution of the report RLMDB_SYNC_TECHNICAL_SYSTEM.

Regards,

Gaurav

vijayapratap_bn
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

here are the  input parameters for report RLMDB_SYNC_TECHNICAL_SYSTEM. i got success message after executing this report ..but when i checked in LMDB under "product systems " i didnt see any entry for my system.before execting this i have deleted the entry from LMDB. could you pls let me know what went wrong here ..i dont have much knowldge abt solman.this si first time im doing ..ur help would be appreciable. thanks

tanmeya_mohan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vijayapratap,

Only a technical system is replicated & created from SLD to LMDB.

A product system needs to be manually assigned to the technical system, in all cases.

Please follow the steps specified by me earlier to resolve this.

All you need to do is manually create a Product system in LMDB for the EHP7 system, usually created by the name <SAPSID> of the system, like ECD.

Then you need to assign this to your product system by a generic installed component version like SAP ERP.

The correct component version will be determined once you successfully execute the verification check of the assigned product version.

Best Regards,

Tanmeya

Message was edited by: Tanmeya Mohan

vijayapratap_bn
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Tanmeya,

i have exected  all the steps frmbegining starting

1.system to SLD data collect (in RZ70 :JOB SAP_SLD_DATA COLLECT)

in SOLMAN

2.from SLD to SMSY :LANDSCAPE FETECH job

3.and finally report RLMDB_SYNC_TECHNICAL_SYSTEM. (from SLD to LMDB techincal system)

4.created PRODUCT SYSTEM manually in LMDB .

now my system looks fine in LMDB ..thanks alot for ur help .

thanks guys gaurav &Jain

Regards,

Vijayapratap BN

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

vijayapratap_bn
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi ,

i have one doubt regarding this data sync sequence from SLD ->SMSY->LMDB->SMP ???

i have read in some doc saying there is a difference in sequence upto  SOLUTION MANAGER 7.1 SP5 and after SOLUTION MANAGER SP5 (>SP5).

can someone please clarify me the process ??? .

Regards,

Vijayapratap BN

tanmeya_mohan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vijayapratap,

Below is the sequence -

Managed system pushes data to SLD via RZ70 data collection job

LMDB synchronizes with SLD on regular intervals and keeps itself updated

Solution Manager 7.1 only uses SMSY as a backend. Data updated/modified in LMDB is retained automatically in SMSY.

Data is updated to SMP by 2 means -

1. EWA report forwarded by solution manager

2. Data sent to SMP via RFC destination SAP-OSS by execution of Landscape fetch jobs.

Best Regards,

Tanmeya

P.S. Please do not forget to mark answers correct / helpful for others facing alike issues in future.

tanmeya_mohan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vijayapratap,

This is just for your knowledge base. You can go through the LMDB guide for Solution Manager to know the core concepts regarding this.

The guide is available at the below location -

http://service.sap.com/instguides -> SAP Components -> SAP Solution Manager -> Release 7.1 -> 6 Additional Guides - LMDB

Best Regards,

Tanmeya

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

First i would like to recommend steps as suggested by @Tanmeya .Follow the steps to sync your system under solman.

Best is to use SMSY & LMDB transactions to create system manually under Solution Manager & Resync the system to get complete details under SMSY.

Other way if you maintained your system at marketplace than you can use report AI_SC_REFRESH_READ_ONLY_DATA to read management info for service connection from OSS by providing your customer info.

Hope this will also help you.

Regards,

Gaurav

VJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check:

1753601 - Timeout during synchronization from SLD to LMDB

1755172 - Analyzing Issues with LMDB (self-help assistance)

1891566 - Repair of LMDB CR Content

Thanks

Vikram

tanmeya_mohan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vijayapratap,

Please check the following -

In EHP7 system, transaction SLDAPICUST & RZ70 are pointing to correct SLD (hostname & port).

Check entries in host file for all related system (each host file should have an entry for itself as well as the system it communicates with).

Make sure the periodic job is scheduled via RZ70

If the above is working fine, data will be automatically collected & pushed to the SLD

In SLD, login to check if the technical system details are getting updated, with successful completion of RZ70 job.

In LMDB, of the technical system already exists & is not upward compatible by the data available in SLD, LMDB re-creates another technical system with name SID00001, SID00002, and so on.

So it would be better to clean-up technical & product system from the LMDB related to EHP7 system before pusing the data via RZ70 system.

Also, please note that replication of SLD data to LMDB for creating a Technical system sometimes takes time.

If you are not patient, then you can manually create a Technical system of type AS ABAP for the SAPSID of EHP7 system. Make sure that correct DB host already exists in LMDB with correct IP address & host name (FQDN if specfied).

Then you need to set-up the RFC destinations from LMDB Technical System to EHP7 system.

Once these RFC(s) are successfully generated & working, assign a product system to the technical system.

To get the exact details on the installed components in EHP7 system, execute the Verification check in the Product system, and adjustments to have a green rating on the same.

Verification check uses the RFC destinations generated earlier to verify & validate the components available in EHP7 system.

Please let me know if you receive an error while performing the above steps.

Best Regards,

Tanmeya