cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can copy master inspection characteristic from plant1 to plant2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now I have 2 plants

I already created all master inspection characteristic that i need by QS21 for plant1

Is there any way I can copy all master inspection characteristic from plant1 to plant2 ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aniket_gautam
Participant
0 Kudos

Why are you extending them We usually recommend that MIC's be created in a single plant only,A MIC created in plant A can be used in an inspection plan created in plant B. u can use LSMW OR BDC IF U WANT to extend

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Blenky Lin,

At  time of creation of inspection plan of plant 1 ,MIC of plant 2 is assigned in plant 1 , No need to create mic for individual plant , if you want to create mic in individual plant , you develop BDC or LSMW with help of ABAP Consultant .

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Rephrasing it, you have created certain MICs in Plant 1 using QS21 and now you want to use them, I guess in inspection plan of the Plant 2. Is that the case?

If yes, you can directly assign the MICs of plant 1 into the inspection plan of Plant 2. There is no issue with that !!

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

i'm creating inspection plan( QP01 ) for material ,  but all the materials & plans are in plant 2 (ss03)

now i have to assign MIC to inspection plan , i only can select MIC of plant 1 ,and plant text would show"plant 1" ....

so i want to create the same MIS for plant 2 , is there any way i can mass copy MIC from plant 1 to plant 2 ?

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lin,

You can use the MICs from plant SS01 to create inspection plan in plant SS03. There is no issue. You would only need to change the SS03 to SS01 while assigning the MICs to the task list.

As Aniket has also said, it is widely recommended to create MICs in a single plant only. Use them, don't go to extend them.

ntn