cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to filter hierarchy node in BEX query designer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts

We are working on FI balance sheet with hierarchy infoobject 0GLACCEXT. Example of our balance sheet is as follow:

Parent Node A = 20

Sub-parent Node A1 = 10

Leaf A11 = 5

Leaf A12 = 5

Parent Node B = 20

Sub-parent Node B1 = 10

Leaf B11 = 5

Leaf B12 = 5

We require only:

Sub-parent Node A1 = 10

Leaf B12 = 5

So I filter those out in BEX restriction;  however, after we examine the report in tcode RSRT, "Sub-parent Node A1" is not shown in BEX Report, and the result is as follow:

Parent Node B = 5

Sub-parent Node B1 = 5

Leaf B12 = 5

Are there solutions for us to show merely A1 and B12 ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kohesco
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

because it is such a small request, I should go for the easy solution, creat manually a new hierarchy and in the hierarchy attributes set: surpress unassigned nodes.

Okay it is not a dynamic solution, but the performance will be better then when you go excluding stuff.

grtz

Koen

carlos_weffer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chu

Try the following steps.

Initial Output

In this example I will restrict the query for only displaying Node 8603 and leaf 9000

Proceed to restrict the Characteristic. Please be aware of the difference between hierarchy nodes and leaf characteristic values. Also set the Hierarchy display properties to expand up to level 1.

Execute the query again:

Please be aware that users will still be able to expand node 8603 and see the lower level nodes/leaf. In order to restrict users from doing this set up users authorizations.

Regards,

Carlos