Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUP/SMP Development Environment

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I would like to know how a typical Development Landscape for SMP/SUP look like? My aim is to install SUP/SMP, connect the SAP Backend with the SAP provided iOS native Travel Expense mobile app.

As I understand, SMP/SUP server can be installed in my laptop as well.  Should I install server as well as client SDK in my personal system? What if there are more than 1 developer?

regards

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

You can install SUP/SMP server as well as SDK on your laptop. Make sure you got admin rights and min RAM size should be 4 GB.

If there are more than 1 developer, then better you install SMP server on a server machine and whosoever wants can access it from mobile SDK workspace.

Latest available installation at Market place is SMP 2.3 SP04. (Sine SMP 3.0 is still in Ramp-up and hasn't released in the market) For more details you can refer official document SyBooks Online

If you are planning to work with SMP 2.3 SP04, you can directly install it ( I mean no need of base version SMP 2.3 and upgrade to SP04)

I hope this is clear.

Rgrds,

JK

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

, Can you please confirm if required libraries are the part of the source code provided by SAP for this Travel expense report OData app?

Rgrds,

JK

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Krishna,

Are you talking about this SAP Travel Expense Report app?

Midhun,

Dont we need any iOS OData based libraries'(If we are going to customize the app) ? Or these will be included in the source code provided by SAP?

Rgrds,

JK

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are looking for configuring the Travel Expense app you don't need a SDK. The application uses the SMP server as an online data proxy, ie. its based on Odata services and no Sybase SDK involved in the development. And yes, you can install the SMP server in your PC or in a  windows server.

Midhun VP

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Midhun, What if I want to edit/make changes to this iOS app (Travel Expense, add a screen field)?

Do I have any SDK support? Or I need to copy the iOS app and make changes, thus loose SAP support?

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I mentioned Travel Expense app is based on Odata not on MBOs, hence you don't need a Sybase SDK. If you want to customize app, you need to get the source code of the application from SAP. In the case of IOS app you can import the project (source code) to Xcode and make the changes.

Midhun VP

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is there any process to get the app's source code from SAP?

Also the customized(changed) app would loose SAP support. Is that right?

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, there is a process to get the source code from SAP. But I don't know the process and I am not sure about the support of application once we customize it. You can raise a ticket to SAP regarding this.

jitendra, I am not sure whether libraries are carried with the source code.

Midhun VP